TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What exterior color did you order for your Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Warrenbonz, Feb 5, 2016.

?

What exterior color did you choose for your new Model X?

1. Signature Red

5.8%
  2. Solid Black

8.3%
  3. Solid White

6.7%
  4. Titanium Metallic

9.2%
  5. Midnight Silver Metallic

20.0%
  6. Obsidian Black Metallic

8.3%
  7. Deep Blue Metallic

20.8%
  8. Silver Metallic

3.3%
  9. Pearl White Multi-Coat

6.7%
  10. Red Mult-Coat

11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. timf

timf Member

In all the photos I've seen of the production line, I've never seen any indication that there are large batches of the same color. They may do a handful of cars in the same color at a time, but it's never a significant number.

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Hard to say. I don't think cars go from paint to production but stage for a while first. So they could easily batch paint a bunch of cars where some would sit for up to a week or more curing and waiting in a queue to best match the production phase (ie same features but different colors).

3. FoxXxy

FoxXxy Member

I couldn't decide between Midnight Silver Metallic, Solid Black, Titanium Metallic, or Red Multi-Coat. But then I was able to see the red, black, and midnight in person on a Model S and saw titanium online. Felt the red was "too red," which is too bad because Signature Red looks gorgeous! Too late for that, unfortunately. But the Midnight Silver Metallic wasn't nearly as grey as I had worried, so that's the one I chose. Plus the paint looks like stars in the monolith when the sun shines on it. I didn't even consider white because I had a white Jeep that was swarmed by bees once, and that's the last white car I owned. OK, yes... I know that beekeeper suits are solid white because that doesn't attract bees, but I'm allowed my superstitions!

• Like x 1
  4. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Were you transporting honey in you Jeep? There's a superstition that bees like honey :wink:

5. Warrenbonz

Warrenbonz Member

Would a moderator consider making this a sticky please?
    I think it is fun for people to answer the poll and interesting to see how the breakdown changes over time.

6. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

Where's Grey? :(

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

There is no grey. There is, however, Midnight Silver Metallic. ;-)

The exterior colors available are exactly the same as those for the as. In case you want to actually see them.

8. SSD420

SSD420 Member

I originally ordered the blue but after thinking about it for a while, as soon as I got my VIN, I changed it to Obsidian Metallic Black.

9. vperl

vperl Member

MultiCoat Red is a perfect Red.

• Like x 2