Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What extra tech/stuff you use in your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GalaxySurfer

Life, The Universe and Everything.
Oct 10, 2018
Oregon
If your like me you cant stop buying cool/wierd/useful (or not) stuff for your tesla! Was curious what some others might of bought for there cars or to see if theres anything i overlooked!

Not talking basics: chargers/mats etc

I have: cubby for under touchscreen
Qi charging tray, glove box bumper, slip in compartment for inside driver/passenger seat, door scuff guards, LED interior light upgrade, Tesla logo puddle/welcome light, rear lighted T logo, carbon fiber covered turn signals, nose inlay, nose bumper, side mirrors, handle covers, door sills & tailgate trim. SpaceX emblem, carbom fiber window switch covers, LED mood lighting under all seats, cigarette lighter converter ( i use in the trunk, it converts to 2 normal outlet plugs and 4 usb) car humidifer, cupholder trashcan, i also keep a powerbank and taser under my charging tray, and a flashlight/taser velcro under passenger seat.

In the backseat i have a cubby box under the front seat middle console, in that i keep a universal charging cable, and another powerbank.

In my frunk: tire repair, charging, sunscreens

In my trunk: sunshades, bug out survival bag for 2, power converters, emergency solar panel generator.

Im sure im leaving some stuff out, but my main intention was to find out any cool stuff that might be out there in other teslas!

Majority of my products were purchased from:
Amazon/RPMtesla/topfit/evannex/carsoda

Altho i havent had the chance to purchase yet, i have heard raving reviews about Norm and his amazing workmanship. Norm is s member of this site, Norm Cubby in a search and youll find him

I'm curious why you have so many power banks? Isn't the huge 100Kw battery under the car enough to charge all your small appliances? :D

Valid question,
We often take trips out of town to "nature" but always end up having cameras/phones/game consoles/laptops/whatever with us. Having power banks in the car always fully charged avoid people having to sit at the car (with it on) while charge, having 2 is just convienance of passengers.

On a side note the Tesla powerbank... unfortunately kinda sucks. Its expensive by like x4-x6 as much as "better power ones" doesnt include a charge cable, and the plugs are inconvenient to release/use.

It is Tesla tho, and it is rather sleek compared to others, dunno if that justifies being 45$ compared to equally/better ones starting at 10$

Reactions: Bogobec
I installed a Blackvue dash cam. Also I ran a 10 gauge cable from the front 12v feed (brake controller line), to the back end of my 5 seater. There I installed an Internet router, Linux computer, and some other Ham Radio equipment. Control head, microphone and speaker in front.

upload_2018-10-30_15-5-21.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-30_15-6-46.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-30_15-6-46.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 74
I installed a Blackvue dash cam. Also I ran a 10 gauge cable from the front 12v feed (brake controller line), to the back end of my 5 seater. There I installed an Internet router, Linux computer, and some other Ham Radio equipment. Control head, microphone and speaker in front.

View attachment 348443

This is fantastic! While I am not a HAM operator, this made the tech side of my brain happy.