Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What features does new Model X currently have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new Model X owner. While I am generally happy with my vehicle, I am frustrated with the slow implementation of various features. i understood that the new platform with increased sensors would require tweaking of the software, but I did not know at the time I ordered my model X that Tesla had abandoned their original software provider and had taken all new software development in house which required a complete redevelopment.
I keep getting messages on the dash that my car does not have some of the driver assistant features and to contact my Tesla dealer. My dealer was not terribly helpful just suggesting that I reset the system by holding down the two rotary wheels on the steering wheel. I did that and did not see any new features appear. My basic question is where can I learn what features my car should have at the present time and what features are still in development. Features that I know I am missing are, lane assist, autoparking, summon, rain sensitive wipers and auto high beam. Do others with new model X's have these features? AP works but is a little scary to use even at the relatively low speeds currently allowed. Does AP get better with use? It would be nice if Tesla would post what features have been implemented and what features are currently in development.

...I am frustrated...

I hear you.

The one with MobilEye was not incrementally activated for one whole long year of waiting.

Your current one has been incrementally activated quite quickly since October announcement which is not even a year yet!

To compare with others on how much are features activated, you can look at your firmware version.

You can hold the "T" on top center of your 17" display:

M1277nm.jpg

In this case, it say "v7.0 (101.86.d1e7767)" and you compare yours with others who can do more than you can.

The trick in owning a Tesla is: patience!!!!

I am a new Model X owner. While I am generally happy with my vehicle, I am frustrated with the slow implementation of various features. i understood that the new platform with increased sensors would require tweaking of the software, but I did not know at the time I ordered my model X that Tesla had abandoned their original software provider and had taken all new software development in house which required a complete redevelopment.
I keep getting messages on the dash that my car does not have some of the driver assistant features and to contact my Tesla dealer. My dealer was not terribly helpful just suggesting that I reset the system by holding down the two rotary wheels on the steering wheel. I did that and did not see any new features appear. My basic question is where can I learn what features my car should have at the present time and what features are still in development. Features that I know I am missing are, lane assist, autoparking, summon, rain sensitive wipers and auto high beam. Do others with new model X's have these features? AP works but is a little scary to use even at the relatively low speeds currently allowed. Does AP get better with use? It would be nice if Tesla would post what features have been implemented and what features are currently in development.

Well on the plus side, Elon tweeted that in AROUND 10 days, 8.1 should come out for both us with AP1, and to give you AP2 guys a lot more equal features as well. Now having said that, I'd double the estimate.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions. Clearly patience is the order of the day in the hope that 8.1 arrives soon. My current firmware version is v8.0(17.9.3). I assume that this is the latest since I had one update this week that boosted autosteer to 90 kph on divided highways and added extra fan speeds. Auto parallel park was updated about 10 days ago, but I haven't found it working yet. Being retired, I don't drive every day so I guess it needs more time to calibrate.

Some folks here have found auto park is difficult to engage. I rarely parallel park, but I have found that if you just go slow past an opening, it will appear on your screen. In fact, I have gone past it too fast and when I back up, it lights up on the dash.

Keep tryin!

Some folks here have found auto park is difficult to engage. I rarely parallel park, but I have found that if you just go slow past an opening, it will appear on your screen. In fact, I have gone past it too fast and when I back up, it lights up on the dash.

Keep tryin!

I find it too easy to engage. Mine always pops up and tells me I'm ready to park...when I'm at a red light. When I'm ready to park, that's a different story.