Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What features will I get with 'Autopilot Convenience'?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MX back in September and hope to take delivery at the end of this month. When I ordered it, I included the 'Autopilot Convenience Features' option. This was well before AP2. Does anyone know what I will end up getting for the £2,600 I paid? Do I basically get the 'Enhanced Autopilot' features? Thanks all.

I ordered my MX back in September and hope to take delivery at the end of this month. When I ordered it, I included the 'Autopilot Convenience Features' option. This was well before AP2. Does anyone know what I will end up getting for the £2,600 I paid? Do I basically get the 'Enhanced Autopilot' features? Thanks all.

I am picking my MX up tomorrow and was given an option to upgrade to AP2 last year for an additional cost. You appear to be getting AP1 as this was originally priced at £2600 ?

Did Tesla not contact you to give you an opportunity to upgrade?

Regards

Tanny

Here is a screen capture of what Tesla sent people that had ordered AP1 cras, but ended up getting AP2 cars:
eap-whichcameras-png.213308

(ignore the circled bit, that was for someone else and I can't find the original picture anymore.)

You should get AP1 features with the option to pay more to get the extra stuff they make available in EAP.

Good luck tomorrow @Tanflado make sure you let us know how you get on! It's been a very Long Wait!
Thanks DJ,
Yes we all have had our patience tested to the max, unbelievably Tesla are still trying to find the BACS payment my office sent over a week ago to them so fingers crossed all will be well ?
On the early train to Manchester tomorrow so they had better get their finger out and find it before we arrive ??

Thankfully works been hectic to say the least so that has helped distract me from day dreaming too much about the car!! I'm sure once I'm on that train tomorrow reality will hit and excitement will start to kick in ......actually just in writing this I have to admit goosebumps are starting to appear................

I will report back on the delivery experience , not going to print off the popular delivery check sheet but will have my game face on for ten minutes before relaxing and enjoying the experience.

Regards

Tanny

Sorry DJ meant to ask when do you expect to collect yours?

Mine's the S so only a 4 month wait, and I collected it on the 1st March. Very pleased with the handover and the car is in perfect condition, although does need the radar manually calibrated which it's going into the Gatwick SC for on Friday.

Almost immediately after collection I disappeared on a pre Tesla booked holiday, returning tomorrow evening. I have at least had the app to play with but have never looked forward to returning home so much!

I've tried to upload a pic but it won't let me, either too big or a "security problem" o_O

Reactions: Tanflado
Tanny I hope all goes well without any issues after reading about basic failures .
I Am collecting my 90D in two weeks but will try to inspect it before I accept it and pay for it.

Can you check whether the SC supply you with a certificate of conformity, it's something you need when applying for congestion charge discount.
I would also Like To know about the wheel Alignment/tracking, would they show you the print out?

Mine's the S so only a 4 month wait, and I collected it on the 1st March. Very pleased with the handover and the car is in perfect condition, although does need the radar manually calibrated which it's going into the Gatwick SC for on Friday.

Almost immediately after collection I disappeared on a pre Tesla booked holiday, returning tomorrow evening. I have at least had the app to play with but have never looked forward to returning home so much!

I've tried to upload a pic but it won't let me, either too big or a "security problem" o_O
Nope... what was the additional cost?
there was an uplift to £4600 , however this has now gone up to £5000

Tanny I hope all goes well without any issues after reading about basic failures .
I Am collecting my 90D in two weeks but will try to inspect it before I accept it and pay for it.

Can you check whether the SC supply you with a certificate of conformity, it's something you need when applying for congestion charge discount.
I would also Like To know about the wheel Alignment/tracking, would they show you the print out?
Thanks Doublebo,

I am actually on the train heading to Manchester to collect as I type and I am about to start my own little checklist of things to ask and this will certainly be on it! I too only yesterday registered for the congestion zone but due to the car being unregistered I could only put basic reg details in so I will need to update, I did wonder how they ID that my car qualified ?
Good call on the tracking that definitely wasn't something I had thought about , however I have read of cases of premature wear this list is getting longer!!
Trying not to go too over the top and get over anal about handover but I also want to avoid future difficulties if things aren't right, I have collected a few new cars over the years and this is the first one that I am slightly wary about which is a bit of a joke as it is at least twice the cost of my current car so you really would expect perfection but I'm not which all feels a bit bizarre............

I will update with answers accordingly, it's daft stuff like settings for airport parking and vampire drain that I am worrying about as I have read that 2-5% should be expected per day which soon adds up if away for 14 nights +

regards

Tanfaldo

Thanks Doublebo,

I am actually on the train heading to Manchester to collect as I type and I am about to start my own little checklist of things to ask and this will certainly be on it! I too only yesterday registered for the congestion zone but due to the car being unregistered I could only put basic reg details in so I will need to update, I did wonder how they ID that my car qualified ?
Good call on the tracking that definitely wasn't something I had thought about , however I have read of cases of premature wear this list is getting longer!!
Trying not to go too over the top and get over anal about handover but I also want to avoid future difficulties if things aren't right, I have collected a few new cars over the years and this is the first one that I am slightly wary about which is a bit of a joke as it is at least twice the cost of my current car so you really would expect perfection but I'm not which all feels a bit bizarre............

I will update with answers accordingly, it's daft stuff like settings for airport parking and vampire drain that I am worrying about as I have read that 2-5% should be expected per day which soon adds up if away for 14 nights +

regards

Tanfaldo

Enjoy the experience, I'm sure the car will be fine and any minor snags can be sorted at a later date. I have read fewer cases of poor handovers recently, maybe that's the benefit of Tilburg doing the PDI's. I think you are also picking up at the better part of the month, they are undoubtably going to be stretched as March progresses.

I haven't registered myself for the congestion charge exemption but believe they need a copy of the V5, and £10 a year. Never heard of a confirmity letter/document.

From my own hugely limited experience, the calibration of the radar is the only snag I can mention. If you have wiggly lines either side of the car for more than 100 motorway type miles, and no TACC/AS you may need the radar manually adjusted.

The drain shouldn't be anything like 5% a day. Turning 'always connected' off and make sure the app has background refresh disabled helps too.

Strangely, I've also found reading the manual to be quite useful! :eek:

Best of luck and happy motoring :)

Hi guys,
Collected my MX on Tuesday .

Collection went smoothly, didn't have chance to get through everything I wanted to ask the DS due to time constraints on getting back to collect daughter from school.
I am blown way by how good the car is , stunning absolutely stunning . Build quality is excellent and the drive is nothing like you will ever experience in an ICE , very difficult to describe but you will soon understand smile and nod when you get yours !
Honestly chaps do not have any reservations pre delivery , I was uneccessarily anxious pre collection which almost spoilt the build up to the big day.thankfully the car is better than I could ever of imagined , really feeling fortunate to be so lucky to have such a great car!
I have the MX60 and it is bloody quick god knows what the 100 must be like??
Enjoy the build up pre collection and stop worrying about what might be wrong , Tesla is truly a quality brand and the cars completely rock solid .
Enjoy the ride guys!
Regards
Tanfaldo

Reactions: WannabeOwner
@Tanflado delighted to hear the handover was top drawer! After some end of last quarter handover nightmares it sounds like they may be getting it right now. Perhaps the Tilburg PDI is working :)

You soon forget the nightmares of the wait, and My Tesla's inadequacy ;)

I hope the AP starts working for you, assuming motorway/A roads TACC and Auitsteer should become available after 60-100 miles. My S needs the radar manually calibrating which it's going in for this morning.

Keep the updates coming, it helps others who are still in the Long Wait!

I guess the Tesla grin is firmly in place :D

Reactions: Tanflado
@Tanflado delighted to hear the handover was top drawer! After some end of last quarter handover nightmares it sounds like they may be getting it right now. Perhaps the Tilburg PDI is working :)

You soon forget the nightmares of the wait, and My Tesla's inadequacy ;)

I hope the AP starts working for you, assuming motorway/A roads TACC and Auitsteer should become available after 60-100 miles. My S needs the radar manually calibrating which it's going in for this morning.

Keep the updates coming, it helps others who are still in the Long Wait!

I guess the Tesla grin is firmly in place :D
Ha ha yes the Tesla grin has appeared...lol 500 miles clocked up since Tuesday!!

I have calibrated and pleased to have Tacc and auto steer which i can't help but chuckle about when in use! Amazing , truly amazing car.
The only downside is the amount of attention the car has brought , plenty of "how much is it" which I am finding hard to deal with other than use the box standard answer of well it nets down to a VW when taking into account tax relief , fuel cost and BIK etc etc. Lots of videos of the FWD, all very time consuming when trying to get out to my next appointment or rushing back to pick the kids up from school! However I am pretty much converted as an ambassador for Tesla , just wondering when I might receive my first pay cheque from Elon ?? Ha ha

Ha ha yes the Tesla grin has appeared...lol 500 miles clocked up since Tuesday!!

I have calibrated and pleased to have Tacc and auto steer which i can't help but chuckle about when in use! Amazing , truly amazing car.
The only downside is the amount of attention the car has brought , plenty of "how much is it" which I am finding hard to deal with other than use the box standard answer of well it nets down to a VW when taking into account tax relief , fuel cost and BIK etc etc. Lots of videos of the FWD, all very time consuming when trying to get out to my next appointment or rushing back to pick the kids up from school! However I am pretty much converted as an ambassador for Tesla , just wondering when I might receive my first pay cheque from Elon ?? Ha ha

Excellent to hear the TACC and AS are working too, all good. Hope those doors keep behaving themselves!

i think i am going to be mr miserable to the party here regarding the AP2. i bought my S in December and am still waiting for all the features to be delivered. Even simple stuff like windscreen wipers coming on automatically when its raining isn't there yet!.

Havent figured out if the parking feature has been enabled on mine either. The last upgrade blurb as per the screenshot above says it has, but ill be dammed if i can get it to work. Also something i noticed, is the self parking feature seems to be on previous release notes section. When i looked at it at the weekend this is the first i'd heard of it. have i missed an upgrade?