Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What features will I get with 'Autopilot Convenience'?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i think i am going to be mr miserable to the party here regarding the AP2. i bought my S in December and am still waiting for all the features to be delivered. Even simple stuff like windscreen wipers coming on automatically when its raining isn't there yet!.

Havent figured out if the parking feature has been enabled on mine either. The last upgrade blurb as per the screenshot above says it has, but ill be dammed if i can get it to work. Also something i noticed, is the self parking feature seems to be on previous release notes section. When i looked at it at the weekend this is the first i'd heard of it. have i missed an upgrade?

The self parking is a bitch. You have to be going less than 5mph well passed a space before it'll activate. Are you anywhere near Hertford?

plenty of "how much is it" which I am finding hard to deal with

Can't say I've had that, but some people have clearly already known that "it's rather a lot" ... my stock answer is "I save £100 PER MONTH for every 10,000 miles p.a. driven [E7 electricity compared to Petrol / Diesel]". Seems like people can't do the mental arithmetic to convert that into annual discount against a finance deal :D so they wind up impressed and think I'm saving loads of wonga overall!!

windscreen wipers coming on automatically when its raining isn't there yet!.

You wouldn't be impressed with the ones on HW1 cars - I'm augmenting the automatic part with a button-push-single-wipe a lot of the time when the rain is light. That said, all the VWs we've had I hated the automatic wipers (they didn't wipe at anything like the timing I would want, and would be on double-speed in light rain, and completely fail to come on, quickly, when I drove past, and was deluged by, a truck). Not tried them in any high-end vehicles, but I still like set-it-yourself variable-speed wipers rather than rain-sensing ones.

Can anyone give a confirmed answer to this (apologies if I've missed it in the thread)?
I've had confirmation that our MX has "all the convenience features of the original autopilot but with AP2 hardware". It's an inventory car that we're collecting on Friday but I have to advise if I want to spend a further £2,400 on Enhanced Autopilot. If I already have everything that autopilot gave me on my old MS then I'm happy enough with that I think. If it doesn't self park or steer within a lane on a motorway or change a lane when I indicate though then I'm not really getting "all the convenience features of the original autopilot".

Any confirmation welcomed!

Can anyone give a confirmed answer to this (apologies if I've missed it in the thread)?
I've had confirmation that our MX has "all the convenience features of the original autopilot but with AP2 hardware". It's an inventory car that we're collecting on Friday but I have to advise if I want to spend a further £2,400 on Enhanced Autopilot. If I already have everything that autopilot gave me on my old MS then I'm happy enough with that I think. If it doesn't self park or steer within a lane on a motorway or change a lane when I indicate though then I'm not really getting "all the convenience features of the original autopilot".

Any confirmation welcomed!

It's a good question. If you don't pay the extra money then you will get all of the AP1 functionality you currently have, but maybe not quite yet. Auto high beam and auto wipers are not available yet on AP2 hardware equipped cars yet. There may be other features, blind spot warning springs to mind that might be on AP1 and isn't on AP2 cars.

Eventually you'll get everything you have now, and any enhancements to AP1 cars in the future too. That's my understanding of the position.

Reactions: mkaiser1
It probably does depend on what sort of driving you do, and whether you want to be an early adopter of the new technology.

If most of your driving is around town the EAP enhancements over AP1 may not be so relevant as if you do 90% motorway miles.

I've held back on the FSD option as I just do see it happening in my ownership of this car (3 to 4 years) and most of my driving is suburban.

I know personally if I had AP2 hardware and had used AP1 fairly extensively I'd be paying the extra to unlock the new features, but that's just me!