TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What features would make you switch from a Tesla?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by alevek, Jun 5, 2017.

Tags:
?

Which of these would make you switch from Tesla?

1. Vehicle to Home emergency power backup. Recharge a Powerwall.

13.3%
  2. Wireless Charging

33.3%
  3. Roof Racks

13.3%
  4. 4 ft wide cargo area with fold flat seats

40.0%
  5. Reliability and Serviceability

73.3%
  6. Insurance Cost

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. alevek

alevek Member

Assume similar electric range and performance. If these are not important to you, don't bother answering.

If you have additional must have features, enter them and will add to poll.

2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Reliability and serviceability. If another manufacturer made a premium long range EV that I could get all my creature comforts in (leather, memory seats, NAV, Android Auto, etc) and it was more reliable and easier to service than a Tesla, then I would consider switching.

If Lexus ever makes a long range EV, I will probably be gone. Luckily they are way behind, so that will take a while. ;)

3. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

I don't understand the poll. Are you asking which of those features if included in another EV would make me get something other than a Tesla or are you asking which of those features would make me get something else if Tesla didn't have them? You need to have a "None of the above" option since none of those will have any bearing on my decision.

• Like x 1
  4. alevek

alevek Member

Yes to your first question. If there is nothing that you think is important to make you switch, then you probably should not participate in the poll. I'm trying to identify features that Tesla doesn't have that people would switch to another car. Hopefully Tesla would notice and make them available if enough people considered them important.

• Funny x 1
  5. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

The feature that would make me move from tesla are

"Any feature that Tesla turns off that I want".

In other words....there isn't a feature that another car company could make that would pull me away from Tesla. It would be Tesla removing a feature that I want that would push me from Tesla.

Second thought.....One feature that would pull me away from tesla would be a feature that throws money out of the exhaust. Unfortunately I would have to park that thing in my garage all day as I stepped on the gas ( ugghhh ) and made my living. lol

6. alcibiades

alcibiades Member

I'd switch, ceteris paribus on the electric vehicle/range stuff, for better build quality, lower cost, lower service costs, better service availability, and better service communication.

That said, I wouldn't switch if the alternative had worse autonomy features; however, I imagine that another company will equal or surpass Tesla with respect to autonomy features before another company equals them with respect to range and fast charging infrastructure. So this won't really matter.

7. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

This is a complicated question as it involves a lot of assumptions, so I don't think the poll is very helpful as currently set up.

For me, I switched to Tesla from other luxury brands because they are the only luxury brand that offers a full size, four door sedan that is fully electric, and the range, charging infrastructure, autonomy features and performance sealed the deal. For me to consider switching back to another car maker, as a starting point they would have to match everything that Tesla is providing including the autonomy features, performance, range, charging infrastructure, etc., which is a really high bar as Tesla will continue to innovate and improve their offerings.

However, assuming another car maker met the above criteria, the areas in which Tesla is weakest and which another car maker could convince me is worth switching for include a more luxurious interior, better seats, better entertainment system/options, better fit/finish and better overall service.

8. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

#8 SabrToothSqrl, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  9. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

I agree with @sdorn. The poll question is just not clear. This is in Model 3 forum, so presume it is about Model 3. Are we talking about what would make you switch from an imminent car you've never seen and don't yet have to some other imaginary car that won't likely be available for 3+ years? Isn't that just far too many hypotheticals piled up? I enjoy speculation, but this just seems weird to me.

10. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

They are calling their vehicle an EV-SUX?

• Funny x 1
  11. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

OK, now that makes it all worthwhile. Finally, some honesty from the compliance EV builders.

12. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

All things being equal, none of those options would make me reconsider my Model 3 choice. Some of the reason for going Tesla for me is that I like the fact it's roots are not ICE-based. It is fully committed to EVs. That and it's a local car company (a rarity in itself) which makes me proud.

• Like x 1