Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Firmware update takes 1.5 days to install?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery was scheduled for tomorrow, but got a call that they would like to push it out by 2 hours because"the firmware upgrade is taking longer".

I assumed this was a regular FW update and said, don't worry about it and I can update with my WiFi later. They said, this one has to be done at a SC.

I am curious, anyone knows what this elusive FW update can be?

My delivery was scheduled for tomorrow, but got a call that they would like to push it out by 2 hours because"the firmware upgrade is taking longer".

I assumed this was a regular FW update and said, don't worry about it and I can update with my WiFi later. They said, this one has to be done at a SC.

I am curious, anyone knows what this elusive FW update can be?

In the past, BMS and "bootloader" updates required being at a service center because if anything goes wrong the car is a brick and will require special procedures to recover. While sometimes we see normal OTAs going that awry, those OTAs are designed with a fallback story that at least allows enough of the infotainment to come up for the mothership to send you an update again.