TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What free stuff/perks has your Roadster scored you?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by dsm363, Sep 1, 2012.

1. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I need to tell my financial advisor this story. He wasn't a big fan of this purchase.

I went to pick up some steaks at the local shop and one of the guys behind the counter came out to ask about the Roadster. Gave my standard spiel about it being a Tesla and all electric....etc and he said "let me run inside and get you some snacks for your BBQ" and brought out some bacon wrapped chicken bites with jalapeños. Just goes to show you that sometimes you have to spend money to make money.:smile:

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I get "electric vehicle" discounts at my local speed shop which is nice, just had my rotors cut and they charged me $16 vs. $18 and whenever I buy parts they always throw in the discount code for my ICE vehicles and misc. supplies. Nice seeing the appreciation :)

3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Heck I have gotten at least a dozen "free" lunches as people just want an excuse for a ride in the car. After about 7000 more I will approache break even :)

4. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Free parking (sometimes), and free electricity while parking.

I've yet to park a gas car and have them top it up with gas for me while I park.

5. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

Reserved Parking on SMU campus w/ a 14-50.

Recognition, t-shirts, a tumbler, a book, big favors, and many priceless videos of people riding shotgun. (and just maybe a chance to show up on a TV news station.)

6. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Roadster 1305

My local shop gave me $5 off my state inspection since they said I didn't have to have an emission test. My prior place didn't do that last year.

7. daniel

daniel Active Member

It would be hard to beat the free $7,500 Uncle Sam gave me for buying my Roadster. That's the only freebie I've gotten.

8. 7racer

7racer Member

Meeting a girl dressed as "dorothy" from the wizard of oz last Halloween....all the other perks that came with it are ummm censored....:redface: