Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What future interior styling would you choose for a Model S Rev.2.0, or beyond ?

Which interior theme would you prefer to sit in for the next 5 years ?

• Pic 1

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Pic 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pic 3

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Pic 4

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Pic 5

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Pic 6

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Pic 7

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Pic 8

• Pic 9

• Pic 10

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm keen to find out what styling direction people would choose if they could combine the large Model S touch-screen and dash pod with one of the 10 contemporary interiors show below. They include various materials, centre armrests, cubby holes, cup holders, and colour schemes, but unfortunately I'm limited to 10 choices for the poll. (Ideally I'd like to seat each theme rated on a sliding scale etc!)

And the QUESTION is :-

If you had to sit in one of these interiors everyday for the next 5 yrs, which of the following styles would you choose ?

( if you are caught between 2 or more, vote but also list the runners up in order or preference)

001modelsbananaleaf.jpg

002Jag2.jpg

003subaruconcept.jpg

004Astondark.jpg

005jag2.jpg

006maser2.jpg

007aston5.jpg

008Bentley.jpg

009maserQP.jpg

010AMV8.jpg

I am honestly voting for the 1st pic (the current Model S) It is so simple and clean, all of the others look overly complex next to it. 10 years from now, I am a firm believer that all cars will be completely touchscreen based, and the model S will still feel modern.

#4, I feel that cabin looks good today and will look good 50 years from now

Agree, #4 no contest. I hate wood & chrome. Black & satin is much preferred. Also no traditional shifter please. I actually like the Leaf shifter very much, it oozes high-tech ;)

I can't stand the Banana Leaf either (or any kind of wood-looking texture). I'd have to go Piano Black but would definately prefer something matte/brushed/satin finished instead.

I really think the Model S with a small storage section immediately below the screen and an expanded arm rest would be ideal. This would still leave an open area the Tesla and at lease some people want and still allow add-ons to be placed in that space.

I really think the Model S with a small storage section immediately below the screen and an expanded arm rest would be ideal. This would still leave an open area the Tesla and at lease some people want and still allow add-ons to be placed in that space.

Yea or they could have put a bench seat up front....that would have been awesome!

I chose #1, but #5 would be a close second for me. But I abhor round analog clocks - IMO they don't belong in cars (I think it's an "old person" thing - <ducks and laughs disarmingly>). #5 and most of the others have too many bumps and circles - they look like eyeballs and creepy faces. While the touch screen is a bit jarring to me, I really prefer Tesla's screen above the wheel - that secondary area (in terms of size) is in reality what I'll be primarily looking at. At the same time, I would also really like a larger armrest. I'd like to see it in person, though. Pictures are so subjective. It was hard to compare them because they were almost all from different angles! I'd actually love to see a pic from the driver's seat in a Tesla (or from that angle of view). Anyone have links? I haven't kept up on the millions of threads from this last weekend. (Slow internet at the cabin).

Besides, I like to snuggle with my wife... :) We're not always driving in the car! (+1 to the bench seat)

Seriously - look at the pics and the Tesla is the only one that doesn't have a creepy "face" staring back at you somewhere along the front! I always laugh at how cars look like when they have faces from behind too (like the classic Neon "happy face").

I am honestly voting for the 1st pic (the current Model S) It is so simple and clean, all of the others look overly complex next to it. 10 years from now, I am a firm believer that all cars will be completely touchscreen based, and the model S will still feel modern.

+ 1

Unlike many here I was not impressed with the Alpha interior and only placed my reservation after seeing the Beta and falling in love with it.

My gripe with the Model S interior is that the top dash is going to be black and the interior of the roof is going to be tan....no matter what colors you choose. I picked up on this while playing with the in-store design studio at Santana Row. Confirmed when looking at the Betas in the parking garage. I was told the dash was black to absorb glare causing photons from hitting the touchscreen and that the light tan color overhead was to give a feeling of openness? Problem is that if you choose a 3rd different color for the " interior" (surfaces with options) it begins to look like a jumbled mess (to my eyes)

yuck!

I voted number #1 but #7 with all the sexy carbon fiber was really close. It seems the more people complain about the interior the more I like it. The only thing I am really hoping for is a drivers door pocket for my sunglasses. I already keep them there and don't want to change.

#7 lost only because that center console is SO BIG!

And +1 on that front bench idea! I love the CAKE song 'Stickshifts, and Safetybelts' even though I always use my seatbelt, have always driven a stick and well drive too fast for a front bench to work. But I really want 'my baby next to me!'

PV4EV - Very brave starting this thread, kudos (+1). I voted for #1, and I agree with dsm363 - just a small storage section below the touchscreen, covers all my storage needs and better completes the integration of the touchscreen.

When I looked at BMW, MB, Audi I found them lacking, or maybe just so similar and familiar.

On another thread we were debating this and someone mentioned the Fisker. Dash is simple and pretty, but turn around and wooooaaa! This looks illegal!

Fisker Console.jpg

And if you're lucky enough to be back there, you get this!

Fisker Rear Seats.jpg

Is that how the bowling balls get from the trunk to the front seats? Yikes. I'm OK with a little more console in the Tesla, but if any of you want to buy a console and have a car thrown in for free, I think we've found the answer.

Is that how the bowling balls get from the trunk to the front seats? Yikes. I'm OK with a little more console in the Tesla, but if any of you want to buy a console and have a car thrown in for free, I think we've found the answer.

haha. hilarious. that thing is monstrous. Looks like a pummel horse.

I actually like the style and look of the Model S for the most part. As I see it there are a few shortcomings that are more functional than anything else. The lack of them is a bit mystifying to be honest, since it doesn't really add cost to get these done right. Just poor decisions on the part of Tesla IMHO.

1.) Lack of door pockets (why not include them Tesla?)
2.) Lack of concealed storage (this could have easily been added without sacrificing the "negative space")
3.) Poorly designed arm rest and cup-holders (as it is now, you can really only use one or the other. Tesla dropped the ball on this one)
4.) Lack of any of the above in the back seats. What about those that have kids? Where are they supposed to put their toys, coloring books, drinks in the back?
5.) No true light interior option (OK, this is aesthetics and not functionally related. But it would be nice if you didn't have so many black components to the interior even with a light interior. I understand this does indeed keep things simple and costs down, but it is still regrettable for those that had their heart set on a light interior).

haha. hilarious. that thing is monstrous. Looks like a pummel horse.

I actually like the style and look of the Model S for the most part. As I see it there are a few shortcomings that are more functional than anything else. The lack of them is a bit mystifying to be honest, since it doesn't really add cost to get these done right. Just poor decisions on the part of Tesla IMHO.

1.) Lack of door pockets (why not include them Tesla?)
2.) Lack of concealed storage (this could have easily been added without sacrificing the "negative space")
3.) Poorly designed arm rest and cup-holders (as it is now, you can really only use one or the other. Tesla dropped the ball on this one)
4.) Lack of any of the above in the back seats. What about those that have kids? Where are they supposed to put their toys, coloring books, drinks in the back?
5.) No true light interior option (OK, this is aesthetics and not functionally related. But it would be nice if you didn't have so many black components to the interior even with a light interior. I understand this does indeed keep things simple and costs down, but it is still regrettable for those that had their heart set on a light interior).

I have kids, and their boosters/car seats all have cup-holders built into them. I'm not sure what 5-year old needs two cup-holders for, but they have them. I only let my kids drink water in my current (relatively) cheap vehicle, and very little food (crackers, maybe fruit snacks if they are non-staining - rarely go to fast food joints and NEVER let them eat it in the car!). We have cool plastic coloring trays that can close and contain markers and books, and those just go on the floor when they're not using them (and it's only for long trips).

I agree with some of your points (#1 and #3), but some of these things may just be in the works and not revealed yet (like #5). I guess we'll find out within the next 3 months. Hopefully sooner.