Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what gives on software uodate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my car connected to my home wifi as of yesterday. Prior to connecting to wifi it said there's a software update available. So this morning I get in the car and it appears maps updated but I'm still on version 9 and it says my software is up to date. What gives?

Our 2013 MS began update last night a little after 9:00 EDST, but I never received notification that update was complete. I checked the car this morning and the "What's New in This Update" screen was blank, with exception of the title.

I tried to get the What's New screen to populate by closing and bringing it up again from touching "Release Notes" on the "About Your Tesla" screen, but it came up blank again. The display identified the car's current version as V10.2 (2020.9.22 fd1e27c664df).

In addition, it now only has 6 Easter Eggs. Atari and backgammon are gone.

If you're not on 10.2, open up a service request using your app. Indicate what version you have right now, and indicate you would like to get your car updated. The team who triages the incoming tickets will review it and look into the system and if there is an update for your VIN (which is most likely), they will push it out and then text you back indicating as such.

Did about five cycles of Update Availabe>Getting Ready>Update Available. Did it both from app and inside car, countdown to update starts, then once over it resets back to Update Available.

Contacted my local SC, this is the reply:

I would recommend trying to perform a scroll wheel reset, then trying to download the most recent firmware that shows is on your vehicle. If that does not work, let us know and we can try to cancel the firmware and re-send it a different way.

Will try in the evening tonight. I suspect they might have to push the update, hope the limited resources on my 1st gen MCU will not result in bricking.

Your car batt temp needs to be 65-66 deg to get full Regen. Used to be only needed 60 deg F. I have SMT canbus reader.

I have learned to live with it, but it rarely gets cold in my garage.

It helps a lot if you put in a few KwH before departure.

Reactions: Zer0t
Your car batt temp needs to be 65-66 deg to get full Regen. Used to be only needed 60 deg F. I have SMT canbus reader.

I have learned to live with it, but it rarely gets cold in my garage.

It helps a lot if you put in a few KwH before departure.
Thanks I noticed after a bit of driving that regen appeared to be normal. I’ll do “warm it up” before heading out.

I downloaded v 10.2 yesterday and now the fog light indicator does not come on in front of the driver (because the fog lights don't come on). I got the "What's New" notice after the download and it speaks to only "Bluetooth Improvement" and "...Voice Command Reliability." Anyone else see this problem?

I downloaded v 10.2 yesterday and now the fog light indicator does not come on in front of the driver (because the fog lights don't come on). I got the "What's New" notice after the download and it speaks to only "Bluetooth Improvement" and "...Voice Command Reliability." Anyone else see this problem?

Not unheard of to have some functions misbehave after an update.

Did you reboot the MCU?

I did reboot the MCU 3/20 with no result (first thing I tried).

I sent a message to customersupport and got a response that this site is no longer monitored. Then I used online chat and was told I would be put in touch with customer support. Never heard anything, but today I checked the lights and they worked. Not sure what was up, but no longer an issue.

Rae. That's what we call the DFF. The Delayed Feature Feature. Its like an endurance joke. You hear it on Tuesday and on Friday or Saturday its funny and by Sunday its even funnier.

I think the DFF is a result of the 3+ miles of wire used in the Model S. Its just takes a while to worm its way through all that insulation. But what do I know? The older I get, well - the older I get.