Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What glue to use for fixing the light thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The indoor light panel keeps falling out of the roof.
What do you think is the best glue I can buy to fix it?

img_8943.JPG

If you glue it, you or Tesla service will not be able to remove that piece without completely taking down your entire headliner. You need to be able to remove that if you ever have a light bulb go out, or issue with your hazards light button.

It is intended to fit perfectly, and stay that way for the life of the vehicle using clips. Take it to Tesla and have them fix the bad clips you were given.

I would not use glue. You may need to get in there at some point in the future. If you are not willing to replace the failed clips, then try very thin double sticky tape and see if that works. I did that to one edge of my back panel last year and it still holds well.

why not use the warranty now, in case the service center has a fix. If it falls out after the warranty ends you could always glue it then :)

I agree — why take the risk (and responsibility) of trying to “fix” it with glue when it should be a warranty item.

Plus, Tesla won’t know it is an issue (or if it’s larger issue) if you don’t tell them about it. It could be a fluke — just a bad part — or a larger design issue that can be addressed (like the rear seatbacks).