Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What goodies to expect with delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, you had to tell them there was a big L written on the seat?
Tesla’s detailing team sucks. They applied wax on the keyfobs and the 17 inch screen when I took delivery.

We pointed the "L" out to them. It looked like someone had tried to clean it, but it was clearly visible

No wax on keyfobs or screen, but had to buy a bunch of window cleaning supplies because the car has so much glass and we never go to the gas station where we cleaned windows while waiting for the tank to fill.

I received a Tesla branded notebook, a Tesla pen, a Tesla branded coffee travel mug and the black box with both fobs and keyrings. Everything was inside a nice Tesla (paper) bag.

They weren't apologising or compensating for anything (at least not for any reason I would know... :confused:).

I hope i get something too when i take delivery lol since i was supposed to take delivery last Tuesday but they said my model x windshield broke in transit still no update when will it be fixed hopefully this week i take delivery :(

Traded in Model S for an X on sales floor (12-17). Verbally commented that prior "luxury" car purchases always came with some kind of swag. A person that I think was a sales manager gave me a T-Shirt and a baseball cap. On scheduled visit to have a wheel replaced, salesman gave me another hat.

I think that swag helps promote/advertise product. IMO, they should be offering T-shirts and hats, at a minimum, to purchasers. These items, when worn, generate inquiries from passerby. That has been my experience.

Nothing here from our pick up last week from the Fremont Delivery Center. I heard from coworkers that just a few months back there used to be a lot of fanfare with pick up including a short video presentation, amazing coffee, and a lot of hand holding walking you through your purchase. During our pick up they were out of coffee for some reason. It was very busy and they were processing everyone on the tables outside at first before people complained it was too hot outside. I was more bummed about having our car delivery inside of the delivery center for the photo opp with the family. Ah well!

By people posting that they are getting free stuff when they complain, will induce many to find something to complain about, just to get the free stuff.

Risks turning us into a bunch of entitled complainers.

Word will get back to management, and no more free stuff.

Reactions: TexasRat
I, actually, did not expect anything because I didn't know about any of this. I picked up my 100D a few weeks ago. It had a lot of waxing dust on the car they didn't bother to clean off, and handed me two bare keys. The delivery guy acted like he was handing over the crown jewels. I thought it a little crude, that they should have been in a simple box with the VIN on it. It was like they were grabbed out of a bin full of random fobs. They must have been in a plastic bag in the car.

I asked about fob covers because they are so slippery. The delivery guy made like it was an odd idea and he had never heard of such a thing. I spoke with the manager and found that the fobs are meant to come with a simple cover but, the supply dried up and the service center hadn't seen any in several months.

When the interior trim was switched out on me, I said I liked what I had ordered. They said, no problem, I could refuse the car. They have plenty of people standing in line for immediate pick-up of a vehicle.

You certainly don't want to hear the delivery stories of 2012 owners. The whole experience was a big party with Elon present at the Fremont delivery location thanking each person for buying a Tesla.

Tesla probably needs to find some middle ground in this process. The delivery guys were mildly contemptuous so I became more picky about any flaws. After delivery, it's been a completely different experience with service center employees unrelated to the delivery process.

Now, on the other hand, I always gave new clients coffee cups. They cost about $1.50 with the company logo on them. Lots of goodwill for next to nothing.

I already know what “goodie” I’m going to be getting - the salesman called me up three days ago and said they’d be giving me a 1.47% interest rate on the lease rather than the advertised 3.25%. I’ll take it. ;-)
That's great! I got the 1.49% deal that was available 3 to 4 months ago.

Now, on the other hand, I always gave new clients coffee cups. They cost about $1.50 with the company logo on them. Lots of goodwill for next to nothing.
They actually said the car was ready when we arrived but they offered me and my brother coffee and water (sparkling and non sparkling) before if we wanted to. They said no rush, just relax an enjoy or let's go get your car. As you wish. We just took a couple of minutes to cool down, enjoy the coffee and a nice chat with the DS (there were actually two DS taking care of us).

After looking at the car, they brought the papers and they offered more coffee and water. I had a second coffee.

When we were about to leave, they even offered water bottles for the road.

It's just so weird that experiences can be so different. I was terrified of reading all the bad deliveries some of the other people have had.

There's a "Delivery Experience" sheet on this google doc filled up by TMC users. With only 30-ish votes, it seems to indicate that things are rather good. It will be interesting when more date becomes available.

It's just so weird that experiences can be so different.

I don’t think it’s all that weird that there’s variation, given that we’re discussing delivery experiences in different countries - on different continents, even.

What I find truly weird is that the customer service experience you described in Switzerland is *better* than that the other poster described on the west coast of the U.S. This country is many great things, but customer service is *not* typically one of its strengths!

This country is many great things, but customer service is *not* typically one of its strengths!
I agree! And that is exactly why I find it so much more surprising, as a matter of fact.

Even if deliveries being discussed happen in different countries or continents, the company policy should be to make the experience satisfactory for everyone. I know different cultures require different kinds of service, but the result should be the same.

These cars are expensive enough so that they should be able to afford to make it worth your while...

There is absolutely variation in delivery ...all three of my Tesla’s I picked up at a smaller service center and always got some swag ....all the horrible stories from folks I read about are mainly in Fremont , Costa Mesa or Buena Park ...

OP here. So far, I’ve only got the 2nd / 3rd row all weather floor mat. The rest of the set hasn’t been shipped out to me yet. My OA says they’re probably on back order but I don’t see that is the case in the Tesla website. Anyways, have to keep following up.