TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What happened to camper mode?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by snoopycr, Jul 11, 2018.

1. snoopycr

snoopycr Member

Serious question. What happened to camper mode with the AC? I saw it in the front controls a few months ago. Now it's gone.

Is the protection cabin overheat the same thing?

I like to sit and wait with the car off but the AC on. Is that still possible?

Thanks

• Funny x 1
  2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Yes still possible if u are in the driver seat ...otherwise there is a button to keep AC always on if not in driver seat

3. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

you have to have the car in park to engage the "keep a/c on" button and above 20% battery charge.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  4. snoopycr

snoopycr Member

That makes sense
    Thanks. I thought it was going crazy

5. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

Yeah. It has to be in Park. I made that mistake once because the brake holding lead me to forget about being in Drive. I looked for it and couldn't find it. I suppose when I opened the doors the car went into Park on its own but I didn't look to see if "Keep Climate Control On" appeared.

6. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

i've been having trouble with the HVAC shutting off after 4 hours recently...?

is this because i turned it on over the app?

7. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Hmmm... it used to turn off after 30 minutes when activated via the app, then I thought Tesla made it stay on indefinitely or until the battery hits 20% SOC. Either "indefinitely" = 4 hours or you're hitting 20%.

8. Kalex

Kalex Member

You mean this button? MS 75D, 24.1

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  9. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

There is not a 4 hour limit from inside the car

10. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

my car was plugged in outside and i got an alert saying that it had been shut off after 4 hours...? this was when i turned it on from my app.

does it make a difference if i have it plugged in?

i also recently had a nice 100D loaner car that i put into the "stay on" mode when i plugged it in the night before and when i came out in the morning the car was hot and the the A/C had shut off... yes it's been through the 80's during the night here in ohio recently.

11. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Could be a recent change. AFAIK, when they removed the 30 minute timeout, it would stay on until the battery hit 20%. And that was if you turned it on from the app, or used the "Stay On" (Camper Mode) feature from within the car.