Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Happened To Charging Stats In the TESLA Mobile App???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed in the last few days that I can no longer view my charger stats in the TESLA iOS app. I am running the most current update (v4.15.3). What is peculiar is that this feature seemingly disappearing has coincided (coincidentally) with my TESLA Wall Connector being installed this week.

Prior to a few days ago, I used to be able to view my Time-of-Use utility rate plan and historical charges by $$$ and kWh, etc.

Where it be at????

I am saying that the menu option “Charge Stats” is now missing. I have closed and relaunched the iOS app several times and restarted my device and ensured that the app is updated in the Apple App Store (TESLA app v4.15.3).

1670084883876.png

Attachments

• 02F5D828-0591-4797-A36C-5C3615A13D14.jpeg
    02F5D828-0591-4797-A36C-5C3615A13D14.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 348
  • 46E81227-8D21-4622-A3A4-10358FCA3959.png
    46E81227-8D21-4622-A3A4-10358FCA3959.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
I found this YouTube video…
…on how to resolve this issue, but it didn’t work for me. (To clarify, I did have the first and second data share permissions set to “NO” but the third one was set to “YES”. I changed all three to “YES” and restarted the app and my iPhone…and my Model Y—to no avail.)

(NOTE: I am the primary TESLA account owner and I gave my wife secondary driver permission. I have always been logged into the TESLA iOS app with my login and not my wife’s.)

Any suggestions????

Upvote 0
I found this YouTube video…
…on how to resolve this issue, but it didn’t work for me. (To clarify, I did have the first and second data share permissions set to “NO” but the third one was set to “YES”. I changed all three to “YES” and restarted the app and my iPhone…and my Model Y—to no avail.)

(NOTE: I am the primary TESLA account owner and I gave my wife secondary driver permission. I have always been logged into the TESLA iOS app with my login and not my wife’s.)

Any suggestions????
it may be that the data sharing isn't retroactive and will only start showing up as charging events take place from this point forward.
Most of the time the app is connecting to the car via Tesla.
They should probably update that screen to explain what you lose by shutting the door.

Reactions: THEbuz
Upvote 0
it may be that the data sharing isn't retroactive and will only start showing up as charging events take place from this point forward.
They should probably update that screen to explain what you lose by shutting the door.
Thanks! The Charge Stats menu has now reappeared since my previous post. I don’t know why the delay. Just to clarify, it wasn’t always there but recently missing data, the Charge Stats menu recently dropped out of the app altogether. I now know why, but this issue is not well publicized or well-known. Now that I have access to the Charge Stats menu again, all of my current and previous charging historical data has been retained. It was never lost; I was merely blocked from viewing it due to my data sharing permissions.

• Informative
Reactions: Twiglett
Upvote 0
Turns out you were absolutely correct—and I’m pissed about it! I am missing charging data for 3 days this past week. (SEE PHOTO) This makes NO sense to me, as the data sharing policy I elected NOT to allow does not relate to charging historical data, based on the verbiage presented in the Software menu. My point is that it is not intuitive that NOT permitting data sharing will result in the permanent absence of historical data available to be viewed in Charge Stats.

Attachments

• 3789A90A-EB70-45D0-920F-BC319AA201D4.png
    3789A90A-EB70-45D0-920F-BC319AA201D4.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: HBDesiato
Upvote 0
Turns out you were absolutely correct—and I’m pissed about it! I am missing charging data for 3 days this past week. (SEE PHOTO) This makes NO sense to me, as the data sharing policy I elected NOT to allow does not relate to charging historical data, based on the verbiage presented in the Software menu. My point is that it is not intuitive that NOT permitting data sharing will result in the permanent absence of historical data available to be viewed in Charge Stats.
I have the same issue that my Model 3 RWD shows the charge stats and Model Y does not have the charge stats menu option item.

Did you turn on all "Yes'es" to share the data in order to see the menu option reappeared? the Model 3 RWD is set to "No, No, Yes" (corresponding to those 3 questions in the data sharing option).

I will check if the Y is set the same way.

Upvote 0
Mine is set to YES-NO-YES currently, and that’s what I had set it back to in order to get Charge Stats to reappear. However, as I said, a gap in the record still exists where I am missing data for those three days I had everything set to NO-NO-NO. I switched it to all YES-YES-YES just now to see if that might make my missing data reappear. (It hadn’t occurred to me to try that before.) I will report back within 24hrs if that made a difference or not.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue that my Model 3 RWD shows the charge stats and Model Y does not have the charge stats menu option item.

Did you turn on all "Yes'es" to share the data in order to see the menu option reappeared? the Model 3 RWD is set to "No, No, Yes" (corresponding to those 3 questions in the data sharing option).

I will check if the Y is set the same way.
Okay—I’ve had mine set to YES-YES-YES for about 24hrs now, and my lost data has yet to reappear in the Charge Stats section of the mobile app. I am going to change my in-car Data Sharing permissions back to YES-NO-YES.

Upvote 0