Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to "Come to me"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there car isn't ready to summon (plugged in, cameras not warmed up, etc), the button is not there. Click the summon button at the bottom, and go into smart summon...it's probably not ready for one reason or another.

Also, it's SUMMON with no S. How on earth are people calling it summonS? Do you say it out loud with an S sound at the end? shudder

If there car isn't ready to summon (plugged in, cameras not warmed up, etc), the button is not there. Click the summon button at the bottom, and go into smart summon...it's probably not ready for one reason or another.

Also, it's SUMMON with no S. How on earth are people calling it summonS? Do you say it out loud with an S sound at the end? shudder

Aha! Yes! My app said something about warming up, which made no sense on a pleasant 78 degree day.

Aha! Yes! My app said something about warming up, which made no sense on a pleasant 78 degree day.

"The SUN is warming up?!" (extra points if you can name that movie)
upload_2019-10-22_15-36-15.png

It's 'if THE car isn't ready....'. How on earth are you saying "If there car isn't ready...". See how that works? JK. :)

Unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems the 'come to me' function of Summons is now gone with the last update. Is anyone else noticing this?

It seems to need (a) Standby Mode (but be careful with Vampire drain) and (b) a route from the car to you that doesn't cross public highways etc. I've seen it appear w/o Standby Mode, but it takes a while. If it doesnt have their the button doesnt appear.

A regular occurrence for me is that after I summon, or summons, the car across the parking lot, it will lurch its way to me, then it will stop, decide it's done, and not let me in. I usually have to stand there for half a minute or so fiddling with the door handle, shouting LET ME IN, before it will unlock.

If you are too far away from the car, the Summon button does not show in the app. I think it has to be within Bluetooth distance.

Bluetooth has nothing to do with in my thoughts. I can summon from the other side of my building and bring car to my side door. 3rd story. Big building, but car still travels in the circle of trust. I call my (annoyed) co worker to give me play by play as it works its way around the building. If it was bluetooth. I want that bluetooth connection.

A regular occurrence for me is that after I summon, or summons, the car across the parking lot, it will lurch its way to me, then it will stop, decide it's done, and not let me in. I usually have to stand there for half a minute or so fiddling with the door handle, shouting LET ME IN, before it will unlock.
If you put your mouth close to the door handles you won’t have to shout. ;)