Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seat Warmers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cant find in V10 in any of the menu's the ability to heat the rear seats or to heat the steering wheel? Anyone know where these settings disappeared to? There used to be a cold weather tab?

Last edited:
Just push the little fan icon to open your HVAC menu and you should see your heated seats, windshield and steering wheel options on that screen.

On a side note, I hate that in order to turn on the rear seats you have to tap this fan "icon" because in doing so, it turns on the heat. Sometimes I just want to heat the kids butts without turning on the heater. Am I missing a way to just turn on the rear seats without activating the HVAC?

Reactions: outdoors
On a side note, I hate that in order to turn on the rear seats you have to tap this fan "icon" because in doing so, it turns on the heat. Sometimes I just want to heat the kids butts without turning on the heater. Am I missing a way to just turn on the rear seats without activating the HVAC?
Not that I'm aware of.

I also hate that whenever I activate the front defrost it goes to "HI" and full blast on the defrost. This is loud af, dries your eyes out and it's comfortable at all for any extended period of time. In the winter, I prefer to have the mixer split between defrost and feet set at a comfortable temp (say 70 degrees) and then auto so it blows more early on to achieve this temp and then ramps down to maintain. I hate that I can't have any sort of "auto" set on a Tesla unless it's just the temp and no other specifications. For a car seemingly so smart the HVAC controls don't include a lot of basic settings that cars have had for a number of years.

I agree. I hate the whole climate system they introduced in V9. I would like to simply turn off the AC for the cooler months, yet remain in auto mode. Can't do it.

I agree … this is a PITA!!! I also see that each time a change to HVAC is made, I see my profile name briefly state "Saving" … I have MCU2 so I don't think we have the EMCC problem, but this seems excessive writes for climate. They should have in the profile setting, what you want to save to the user profile … I'd uncheck climate at a minimum!