Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to "mark forums read?"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can find it in small print at the upper right of the sub-forums. But not on the main page. Then you have to select "mark all forums read", since the default is only the subforum you are in.

I assume this is a bug. I use it all the time from the main page.

You can find it in small print at the upper right of the sub-forums. But not on the main page. Then you have to select "mark all forums read", since the default is only the subforum you are in.

I assume this is a bug. I use it all the time from the main page.

Well, I can't find it anywhere... sub-forums or main page. It is just gone for me. (Chrome browser, Windows 10)

Well, I can't find it anywhere... sub-forums or main page. It is just gone for me. (Chrome browser, Windows 10)
Fascinating. I usually start and end my browsing in the "TSLA Investor Discussions" thread. I used it there earlier, and it's there now... just to the left of the "watch thread" link, same font. But I agree, it is not present here in this thread! Or the Model S main subforum. But it is in the "Site feedback" subforum, at least for me. (I use Chrome on a Mac, but I don't think it's a browser problem.)

Reactions: mknox
I can't replicate this on my end. I see it in every forum. To clarify for anyone who may not know where to find it:
MFR SS.png

This what I see on macOS Sierra using Safari. I went to "What's New" -> "Unread Posts" and I don't see the "Mark Forums Read".
If I select, for example, "Forums" -> "Model S" I do see it.

SteveView attachment 203065
Oh I see, so you're looking for a general non-forum-specific function on the What's New section. We're working on having a "Mark All Forums" read button back into the navbar, however it won't be contextual, but rather just mark all forums read.

Oh I see, so you're looking for a general non-forum-specific function on the What's New section. We're working on having a "Mark All Forums" read button back into the navbar, however it won't be contextual, but rather just mark all forums read.
Nope I was just showing that it appear in one place and not another. I'd be quite happy with what you are doing in the navbar.

Steve

Why would be taking a step backwards here? Is there some other improvement that you're trying to do?
Yes, we do actually have our reasons. It'll make more sense soon hopefully.
Hear hear. I use the main page mark all forums read every time I visit. Please being it back!
We are investigating essentially adding a "Mark All Threads Read" button there, or at least making sure that is available on all pages with thread lists. It's a bit more complicated than it looks on the surface.

On a related note, the current Mark Forums Read link seems to not function intermittently. There are times I sign on to the forum, see way more new posts than expected, and looking at the time stamps, they predate my last login and marking the forums read.