TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What happened to notifications?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by BestRadar, Feb 22, 2017.

1. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

I have the new Tesla App for Android and I now no longer get any notifications. In the app all the options are enabled but I am getting no charging notifications and no software notifications. In fact when I open the app it shows me data from the last time I had opened the app and then it refreshes. Is anyone else no longer getting notifications?

2. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

I noticed the same thing. I did get a charging complete notification on Friday at the Barrie SuperCharger but nothing since. I charged at home during the night but no complete notification.

3. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Why cant they seem to roll out anything without bugs? Don't they test anything before they roll out an update?

4. azred

azred Member

I'm not getting charging notifications either and believe they did work for a while with the new app. Just wait until Tesla starts selling to the masses. It will be a hot mess.

5. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

when I drag down from the top of my iPhone screen, I no longer see the 'charging started' or 'charging complete' notifications...

i also get no notification on the screen otherwise...

agreed.. what the heck?! Did they remove them?

6. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Since it worked for a while with the updated App, it must be something on their server side that they did.

7. SabrToothSqrl

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. that fixes it sometimes when other apps break.... i'll restart phone too... but from the # of people affected it looks like Tesla broke it...

8. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

Tesla software is *sugar*!

9. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

I am on the galaxy s7 edge, everything works no issues with app or notifications, maybe you need to delete and reinstall the app.

10. Alex D

Alex D Member

LG V20 with Android 7.0 here, no problems. Notifications come through as they should.

11. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

I have an S6 Edge and last notification I received was over a week ago. I have charged several times since with zero notifications. When you open the app does it show the status of the last time the app was open and only refresh a few seconds later? For me it seems the app no longer updates or does anything when in the background.

Before the app was updated when I opened the old app it always seemed to have current info without needing to be refreshed.

12. Knightowl

Knightowl Whovian

Yeah the app opens right away with last known info from when I connected last then updates to current within a couple seconds, no impact on notifications though as they come through without issues when the app is not open.

13. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

I'm having the same problems with notifications. Plus, while the new design is visually better, I don't like that it displays the last status of the car (i.e., charge level and location) if it can't connect to the car. I finally realized that I have to look at the update date/time bar at the bottom to see if the display is current. For example, right now my wife has the car at work in SF but when I open the app it shows as charging at home, since that is the last time the app actually connected to the car.

• Disagree x 1
  14. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

I have the old app and currently have lost notifications...looks like Tesla server-side issue.

15. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

How did you keep the old app? Mine updated automatically.

16. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

That setting is handled at the phone level. I don't enable automatic updates because many app developers have very poor quality control and most updates are patches for some hardware I don't have, that break something else.

I update selectively and it didn't look like this app changed much other than layout...and turned the lights off on the car image :)

17. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

Yesterday I went to Supercharger and decided to keep the app open and when I connecited the Supercharger I got the charging initiated message. When I disconnected 30 min later I did not have the app forward and no notice that charging stopped. The app seems to not run in the background anymore.

18. SabrToothSqrl

I don't know if I had the app in the background or not (as it shouldn't matter), but I did get "charging started" and "charging complete" last night on my iphone at home.

19. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

I was not receiving any notifications after installing the new app, until last night. I received a charge complete notification.

20. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Wasn't getting them before but now started getting notifications today, just out of the blue...