Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to notifications?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the new Tesla App for Android and I now no longer get any notifications. In the app all the options are enabled but I am getting no charging notifications and no software notifications. In fact when I open the app it shows me data from the last time I had opened the app and then it refreshes. Is anyone else no longer getting notifications?

when I drag down from the top of my iPhone screen, I no longer see the 'charging started' or 'charging complete' notifications...

i also get no notification on the screen otherwise...

agreed.. what the heck?! Did they remove them?

I am on the galaxy s7 edge, everything works no issues with app or notifications, maybe you need to delete and reinstall the app.

I have an S6 Edge and last notification I received was over a week ago. I have charged several times since with zero notifications. When you open the app does it show the status of the last time the app was open and only refresh a few seconds later? For me it seems the app no longer updates or does anything when in the background.

Before the app was updated when I opened the old app it always seemed to have current info without needing to be refreshed.

I have an S6 Edge and last notification I received was over a week ago. I have charged several times since with zero notifications. When you open the app does it show the status of the last time the app was open and only refresh a few seconds later? For me it seems the app no longer updates or does anything when in the background.

Before the app was updated when I opened the old app it always seemed to have current info without needing to be refreshed.

Yeah the app opens right away with last known info from when I connected last then updates to current within a couple seconds, no impact on notifications though as they come through without issues when the app is not open.

I'm having the same problems with notifications. Plus, while the new design is visually better, I don't like that it displays the last status of the car (i.e., charge level and location) if it can't connect to the car. I finally realized that I have to look at the update date/time bar at the bottom to see if the display is current. For example, right now my wife has the car at work in SF but when I open the app it shows as charging at home, since that is the last time the app actually connected to the car.

• Disagree
Reactions: Maximilien
How did you keep the old app? Mine updated automatically.

That setting is handled at the phone level. I don't enable automatic updates because many app developers have very poor quality control and most updates are patches for some hardware I don't have, that break something else.

I update selectively and it didn't look like this app changed much other than layout...and turned the lights off on the car image :)

Yesterday I went to Supercharger and decided to keep the app open and when I connecited the Supercharger I got the charging initiated message. When I disconnected 30 min later I did not have the app forward and no notice that charging stopped. The app seems to not run in the background anymore.