Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess you have to cut Slacker some slack for being slack lately :rolleyes: Name says it all.
As others infer, no time limit, none planned. BUT after 4 years of owning a car, there could be a change in the future.
Likely just a temporary issue for you.

On my screen it shows that I am logged in with some obscure id [email protected]. Should I have been given personal login information or is this teslamotors.com associated with my car? My car was a demo so perhaps this is relevant ?
You don't get a personal login. Everyone uses the generic tesla account logins unless you purchase a premium Slacker account (which I have done and I actually like the service that way).

You don't get a personal login. Everyone uses the generic tesla account logins unless you purchase a premium Slacker account (which I have done and I actually like the service that way).

This is correct....I emailed ServiceHelpNA about this. Their response was:

"There is no login for slacker needed on a Tesla despite the login field being empty. Slacker is automatically logged in internally."

The one thing that is annoying to me, is that I can't seem to find a way to reset the slacker like/dislike ratings on the car. I bought my car from a 3rd party, and inherited his musical taste in slacker. After getting the car in my name and MyTesla, I did the full factory reset. This cleared almost everything (homelink, map history, settings, etc). The one thing it did not clear was the slacker data! It's a little annoying, if anyone has a suggestion, I'm ears (I cannot log into slacker in the car w/ my free slacker account. I cannot log into slacker w/ my tesla account).

This is correct....I emailed ServiceHelpNA about this. Their response was:

"There is no login for slacker needed on a Tesla despite the login field being empty. Slacker is automatically logged in internally."

There is no login/user-id and password needed just to use Slacker on your Tesla (the user-id and password seem to be coded already into the car), but your Tesla still should have a unique user-id and password. Maybe it's a matter of how you ask them the question, because I did receive my Slacker user-id and password as a reply to my email requesting that info so that I can log into my account and make sure my account settings include the highest bitrate/quality streaming (and I did use the user-id/password and discovered the max quality switch was not already on, and I switched to the high bitrate/quality and it is noticeably better-sounding). Seems to me that each Tesla vehicle has a unique Tesla-specific user-id and password - the userid has the word 'tesla' in it and a bunch of numbers.

• Informative
Reactions: hacer