Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of things based on my experience:
  • yes, you can get the car's slacker account. send it as a request with your car's VIN and request the username and password
  • some things that you can do with the person slacker account
    • turn on high bitrate sound (not sure I heard a different)
    • turn off explicit lyrics (this doesn't work - I turned it off and it still plays explicit lyrics)
    • play slacker on your computer/mobile using your car account so you and like/dislike songs. however, you cannot create custom/specific playlists - it is done the same way you do it in the car. pick a song and create a station with it. then thumbs up and down to play more of some songs and less of others

• yes, you can get the car's slacker account. send it as a request with your car's VIN and request the username and password
    • turn off explicit lyrics (this doesn't work - I turned it off and it still plays explicit lyrics)
    • play slacker on your computer/mobile using your car account so you and like/dislike songs. however, you cannot create custom/specific playlists - it is done the same way you do it in the car. pick a song and create a station with it. then thumbs up and down to play more of some songs and less of others
Thanks Turtle, who did you email? Tesla or Slacker?

You can do more than just like/dislike. It used to be possible to create stations with a list of artists but now the car doesn't see such new stations, so you have to start with one created in the car. So if you request a new song in the car, favorite that station, then on a PC login to your tesla slacker account and now you can add (and subtract) artists from that station. It won't be exclusively the artists you choose, but it will bias towards them with others that are similar. You won't be able to rename the station though.