Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to the good old Tesla service and how to escalate ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my previous car was a model S; the car and the service were amazing. switched to model X 1.5 years ago, i like the car (few minor problem) but the service is so bad. my heating stopped working 3 weeks ago, now it is winter here and driving without heating is a nightmare. called London Park Royal; it took them a week just to run a diagnosys and they told me they need to order parts - no ETA, been chasing them every few days but no information at all, asked to talk to the manager - never called back.
I am really frustrated - if it was any other car i could have just pick from dozens of service centres in the area and fix it same say, but with Tesla you completely depends on their service and if it is bad - there is nothing you can do.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I'm pretty frustrated, too. Mine is a 2015 Model S with 72,000 miles already. I LOVE the car and the engineering that went into it. I UISED to love the service. I could call the 24-7 customer hotline number any time day or night and talk to someone who actually knows the vehicle and the various work arounds sometimes needed. Now, when I call that number, I get elevator music for hours on end. One time, I spent over 8 hours trying to get through. My car was 3,000 miles away and I had plane tickets in hand to pick it up but I could NOT for the live of me talk to anyone to find out if the car was ready. It's been really terrible lately but I'm confident that the smart guys who got the company through production hell can fix the service problem if they only put a little attention into it.

• Love
my previous car was a model S; the car and the service were amazing. switched to model X 1.5 years ago, i like the car (few minor problem) but the service is so bad. my heating stopped working 3 weeks ago, now it is winter here and driving without heating is a nightmare. called London Park Royal; it took them a week just to run a diagnosys and they told me they need to order parts - no ETA, been chasing them every few days but no information at all, asked to talk to the manager - never called back.
I am really frustrated - if it was any other car i could have just pick from dozens of service centres in the area and fix it same say, but with Tesla you completely depends on their service and if it is bad - there is nothing you can do.

There is something you can do, sell you car and don't buy another one.

I had my model S since 2017 and I never knew Tesla was capable of good service...

same, its always a bummer to have to bring my car in for anything warranty related because i have to worry if they are going to fix it properly and if they will damage something else while trying to fix the original problem. its been such a headache. i still have a ticket open with them from 6 months ago that still hasnt been resolved, "waiting for parts" that they damaged.

• Informative
Believe this would be the same with any auto maker growing at the rate Tesla is expanding.

In the beginning, every car was a carefully looked after jewel. The service was just learning and they had no problem throwing parts and money to keep their relatively low number of customers happy.

Of course this had to end when their volumes jumped up 20X.

I believe they are operating in good faith and are expanding their service offering as fast as they can, but perhaps simply overwhelmed at times.

I believe they just acquired another huge building to stock repair parts for their service centers and independent body shops. They also produced a fresh batch of Ranger service vehicles to offer at home/business mobile service for their most common fixes.