Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Happened to the thread of the 110k mile Model3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That has to be one of the highest mile Model 3’s out there.
The video was very informative and I think lots of people would be interested.
I know I was. We have 55k on ours and charge to about 295 at 100%.
The fact he is still able to charge to 308 is amazing.

Over the last few weeks the mods in this forum have been moving threads around like crazy... makes it hard to find stuff

site is almost unusable... i stopped browsing the main model three forum because 3/4 of the page is covered with moved topic links. Whoever this mod is is doing a super crappy job. And they don’t have the courage to give us an explanation or even admit they are doing it. It’s pathetic. A must be a leaf owner.

Pretty cool, thanks for posting about this as I had not seen it before
Most amazing to me is it is all supercharger miles and he drove about 75000 miles in 2019 alone!

he states he only charges to 60% max.; not sure I believe that with the amount of miles and traveling he is doing

good to see someone will be putting the battery life to the test as far as mileage

Most amazing to me is it is all supercharger miles and he drove about 75000 miles in 2019 alone!

he states he only charges to 60% max.; not sure I believe that with the amount of miles and traveling he is doing

good to see someone will be putting the battery life to the test as far as mileage

I mean could it be charging to 60-70 percent and using superchargers only is the key?

If he does lots of long range travel in the united states (i.e. low speed and lots of superchargers) 60% makes total sense. He charges every 200-250km or so and runs the battery from 60% to 10% in the process while enjoying superfast supercharging.

Agree with you guys about the mods in here. I have no interest in sifting through a million posts on master threads. How does anyone get anything out of those?
I like the fresh topics that are on people's minds(both good and bad). It's what made me buy my car in September. I know forum gurus will tell us how wrong we are, this is how professional forums are run, and how much better TMC is than everything invented since the wheel. Please. Get real people. I'm sure this comment will be deleted too.
Delete inappropriate threads. Simple as that.

Reactions: Someguy4747
If he does lots of long range travel in the united states (i.e. low speed and lots of superchargers) 60% makes total sense. He charges every 200-250km or so and runs the battery from 60% to 10% in the process while enjoying superfast supercharging.

Not sure the math works out for that based on his blog locations and fairly certain he also states he only has gone sub 20% a handful of times.
Maybe with frequent destination chargers in between but that is a colossal waste of time compared to charging to 80 or 90 at the supercharger stop.
If you do the math between 60 and 20 percentage and likely what he is averaging he would need to be stopping every 120 miles and probably less than 100 miles between stops in the winter time if not more often than that.

This is someone driving in 2019 approx. 200 miles per day so that would be 2 stops a day on average?
Just saying that sounds questionable.