Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to TMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are all brothers and sisters out there cant we stop with the negative personal attacks just post your comments and respond in a civilized way?
Take a moment and think before you hit "Submit New Thread"

Hi Steve,

Thanks for starting this thread.

What I love about Tesla is that it evokes lots of emotion. Most of the time that is a good thing,... but occasionally not so much. :redface:

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

I happen to be one of these "just missed" people. Based on all my readings before car delivery and after, these "demanders" are irking me.
I'm upset. There's no doubt about it. But the most I will ever do is sulk about it, or maybe vent in a post or two in the thread. But in no way do I think that I have some sort of "right" to a new car. I personally don't understand how people are able to justify this "right", but I think of it as: Hey, I bought the car with the feature set that I liked and chose and confirmed with. If I liked it back then, I'm still going to love the car now.

People assume that just because Tesla is special that the customer always deserve everything that there heart desires. But these are $$$ cars that we are talking about. Mercedes won't just sell you the 2013 S-Class and give you the 2014 S-Class for free just because they failed to tell you that they were already receiving the 2014 model. You can trade in your old one and buy the new one, but you can do the same with the Model S.

I think I've noticed that because most people on this forum loves Tesla (and who doesn't?), newer buyers and new forum readers like me tend to start conforming to the idea that Tesla is the almighty company of everything and that customers deserve anything that they ask for and Tesla gives it to them, but when the customers face a small issue and it doesn't get resolved the way that they want, they become infuriated. They fail to remember that it's even worse down at your local Joe's Dealership. Now, I'm not trying to say that Tesla shouldn't strive for the best customer service, but I think that people like the "demanders" need to think within reason of what is and is not doable for such a relatively small company.

On the other hand, I feel that the religious worshippers of Tesla (I don't mean this in a bad way) also need to understand the point of view of the disgruntled posters here. Having everyone gang up on a person (even though the OP maybe unreasonable) just makes everyone look bad, and in turn nothing from bad Tesla experiences will ever make it on the forum and new buyers like us will not be able to grasp a realistic expectation of what Tesla does.

Such a pity that the emotions hinder us from being rational and civil all the time, but thankfully the good posts/discussions outnumber the not-so-good ones.

- Your friendly Model S & TeslaMotorsClub newbie

Thank you for a very well-written post.

Larry

Agree totally Doug...there are "x" amount of difficult folks / 100 people...law of large numbers, the more people who gravitate to this forum (as Tesla grows), the more often these sorts of issues will occur...shame...
Some of us remember the Roadster days fondly, when it was a smaller community and everyone was an early adopter type. But we all want to see Tesla grow and thrive, and evolution is inevitable. But civility is definitely something that should stay...

The TMC community is turning a corner: from 100% early adopters we've added a large number of early mainstream buyers. Inevitably, the tone of the discussion is shifting as a result. I don't like it much, but there's little that can be done about it, beyond keeping to the high road and not taking the bait when it's offered.

I second the request for an 'ignore thread' feature.