Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens after pushing button "finalize" ? fear to press and no return possible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

Who can tell me if I can return back to configuration page on dashbord tesla page if I press Finalize button ?
I would like to know if there are some others options after pressing Finalize like service plans, or extended warranty and what they would cost to add to my configuration. And If I want some of them and I see price is too high for my financing, I would certainly like to come back to initial configuration to remove some options.

Thanks

Clicking on the finalize button doesn't lock you into you current configuration, you can still go back and change your current configuration until you complete the process. There were no options for me to select for service plans or extended warranties, but I finalized two weeks ago, I suppose it's possible that might have changed.

Go ahead and click finalize. There are several steps before it's submitted. Once it is submitted, if i recall the next step is waiting to get an MVPA (motor vehicle purchase authorization) document that needs to be signed and submitted. I believe that is the official 'binding contract'. regarding service plans and extended warranty, unless they changed something that is not paid for up front.

The new process here in the U.S. (assume its the same for you now as we'll?), when you hit the "Done/Finalize" button it confirms your commitment to purchase the car. But note, you then have a two week grace period to both make any final changes to your design, and/or back out - and still get your reservation money back. Though you will need to contact someone to do so.

When you hit the Done/Finalize button, that starts a two week clock. If you do nothing, in two weeks your configuration will automatically go in to production, and at that point you will not be able to get a refund on your reservation funds. Remember, during this two week time frame, you can still make changes to your configuration.

After two weeks, once your car goes into production, you will get a new button that shows you service and warranty options. You are not required to add these at time of final purchase. They can be added later if desired. See the website for these options and pricing for you.

After another week to two, you'll get the Delivery button, which begins the scheduling process for the car. For Europe I have no idea how long or how this phase of the process works. Over here, it's then just 3 to 4 more weeks for arrival. At this point, you're well on your way to receiving a your car.

After the delivery scheduling, anywhere from a day to a week, you get final a button for final arrangements to purchase/fund the remaining amount due on the car. This final amount transfers on the arrival of your car.

NOTE, this is the current model for U.S. residents, I'm not sure if it differs for those of you across the pond.

@ Yobigd20, the process here in the states has since changed from what you're describing. That change went out at the start of April I believe. It may be still in effect for Europe, but none of here know for certain.

Last edited:
To anyone agonizing: I was the world's greatest agonizer. Now that I have had my Model S 6 weeks, I wonder what the hell I was worrying about. This car is a pleasure that can't be put into words, the whole process and service from Tesla has been superb. If I had to drive anything else I'd sooner jump off a cliff! Just do it!!! You'll be so happy.

thanks for your replies :)
I hesitate between 85KW Perf and non perf. I have to sell my Nissan Leaf as soon as possible if I want to have enough cash for perf version. The problem is that I have drive 2 times perf version, and I didn't have chance to drive a non perf to compare. I really fear to make the bad decision.
If I order perf version and I find no one buy my nissan leaf, I won't be able to pay at delivery
If I order non perf version, and then I find some one to buy my leaf, I don't know if it will be possible to upgrade after finalize without loosing discount 1700 Euro made by Tesla on the begining of this year....