Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens if a Supercharger goes down while your are navigating to it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mark Z - when you say the charge port failed what do you mean by that? Door wouldn't open?
It happened on August 28, 2014 at about 8:30 PM at Gilroy. The charge door opened as normal. Only the red light charge port color appeared and the dash display indicated: "Charge Cable Unlatched - Fully Insert Cable Into Car". I tried 3 or 4 Superchargers and the nearby J1772. None would supply power to the vehicle. Tesla advisors had me reset both dash displays and completely power down the vehicle. I even tried using some Q-Tips with rubbing alcohol to clean my charge port when all else had failed. I had 71 miles remaining in the battery so it was possible to drive to Fremont. A Tesla service technician mentioned the next day that the charge port was defective and had to be replaced. It had worked perfectly until that evening. It was the ultimate Tesla service adventure that will always be remembered and appreciated for the quality of service and prompt attention to the needs of the customer.

• Informative
Reactions: apacheguy