Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens if I take the Toll Roads in my new car without plates??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should have stated must have a transponder with NO PLATES OR PAPER PLATES...

Its just how it works
Um, no. You may think that you must have a transponder if you don't have plates, but that's not codified. How would a cop pulling you over explain a ticket when the entrances to the toll roads state "No Account? No Problem. Pay Online..."?

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Um, no. You may think that you must have a transponder if you don't have plates, but that's not codified. How would a cop pulling you over explain a ticket when the entrances to the toll roads state "No Account? No Problem. Pay Online..."?

From The Toll Roads of Orange County website Driving The Toll Roads FAQs | The Toll Roads
Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 6.27.52 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Crispix and ebmcs03
I see what you are saying, I really do. But what is your time worth? Sitting in court for a ticket for 4 hours is a complete waste of time. Imagine having to do that 6 times a year...24 hours...I spend about 200 a month on tolls...the 2400 I spend is a write off anyway, and 24 hours is better spent in the shop working on a few cars that totals well over 2400...time value issue.

Im sure you are correct, just like red light cameras being illegal with the posted sign, etc. But I wouldn't want to have to waste my time in court....

• Funny
Reactions: ebmcs03