Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens if you disable HV + 12V battery and close everything?

Dolemite

is my name
Sep 19, 2019
Seattle, WA
Of course it works lol. That’s how it was designed. Even the manual states this.

The thing is the manual is not always right and doesn't always apply to every version. It's still helpful to test things to verify.

And the question was whether it will still work with the high-voltage battery disconnected, considering it appears there's some amount of "intelligence" in place to recognize a charged vs. discharged 12V battery.

android04

Apr 1, 2016
Southeast Nebraska
Good to know for sure that it works, but I didn't doubt. When the car is asleep or the 12v battery is dead, the HV battery is disconnected from everything by the contractors. That's pretty much the same as unplugging the harness under the rear seat. But in case anybody is ever unsure or doubts, we can link them right to this thread so they can see that Dolemite tested it and it worked.

Reactions: Dolemite

smatthew

Jun 9, 2018
CA Bay Area
And the question was whether it will still work with the high-voltage battery disconnected, considering it appears there's some amount of "intelligence" in place to recognize a charged vs. discharged 12V battery.
It's been a while since I stared at the circuit board for vcfront but I seem to recall seeing the parts needed for an aux power supply and watchdog - all Tesla would need to perform/validate a "dead 12V, but 9V present at terminals" situation

Reactions: Dolemite

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC