Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens if you get a delivery time frame that you can't be available for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Invited to configure 4/13, configured 4/15 with a delivery estimate of 3-6 weeks, no VIN.

Given that I'm in NH, my understanding is that it will have to be delivered to our home and since my husband and I are both listed as owners, we both have to accept the delivery. We'll be out of state 5/23-5/29 and the following week I have to travel for work. I'm getting a little anxious about what happens if we finally get a delivery estimate while we are on vacation or the following week?

Just curious if anyone faced anything similar? What could happen in this scenario?

Invited to configure 4/13, configured 4/15 with a delivery estimate of 3-6 weeks, no VIN.

Given that I'm in NH, my understanding is that it will have to be delivered to our home and since my husband and I are both listed as owners, we both have to accept the delivery. We'll be out of state 5/23-5/29 and the following week I have to travel for work. I'm getting a little anxious about what happens if we finally get a delivery estimate while we are on vacation or the following week?

Just curious if anyone faced anything similar? What could happen in this scenario?

I was in Africa during Tesla's preferred delivery timeframe, but I had no trouble choosing my own date. They seem to be accommodating to people who are doing out of state pick-up, as well, which is similar to out of state delivery, I suppose.

I've seen other threads where people say that the max amount of time they'll hold the car is 1w. So it must depend on the location. Longer than that, and they'll re-assign you a new VIN. Don't worry, you don't fall to the back of the queue.

I've seen other threads where people say that the max amount of time they'll hold the car is 1w. So it must depend on the location. Longer than that, and they'll re-assign you a new VIN. Don't worry, you don't fall to the back of the queue.

Yes, this was what I had been reading on some older threads too, and with home delivery I would think our windows are even stricter. I hope we can adjust and not wait for a new VIN though.