Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens in 5 seconds driving a 3SR vs a 3P+ starting at zero.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
3SR in 5 seconds:
I hit the speed limit.

3P in 5 seconds:
I am charged with a felony.
I go to jail.
I get a minimum of 2 points on my DMV record.
I have ridiculous insurance costs for years, if I could get insured at all.

--

While we all know the 0-60 times between the trims, I never thought about what would happen if I held the pedal down as long on the 3P as I do on the 3SR. :D

3P in 5 seconds:
I go to jail.

Where do you live that 80 mph is a felony and a speeding ticket lands you in jail?

Worst case with 3P : your radar detector goes off, and you have to slow down to +10 over the speed limit !

a

Reactions: Garlan Garner
Where do you live that 80 mph is a felony and a speeding ticket lands you in jail?

Worst case with 3P : your radar detector goes off, and you have to slow down to +10 over the speed limit !

a

Fastest limit inside the city is 55.

It would actually take a 3SR 5.3-5.6 seconds to hit 60 which is five over.

Going well over 80 in 5.3-5.6 seconds in areas with pedestrians in crosswalks would generate aggravating circumstances increasing the severity of any consequence.

We are not taking 10-15 over on a divided highway.

3SR in 5 seconds:
I hit the speed limit.

3P in 5 seconds:
I go to jail.

--

While we all know the 0-60 times between the trims, I never thought about what would happen if I held the pedal down as long on the 3P as I do on the 3SR. :D
You forgot that you can no longer read my license plate....

Fastest limit inside the city is 55.

It would actually take a 3SR 5.3-5.6 seconds to hit 60 which is five over.

Going well over 80 in 5.3-5.6 seconds in areas with pedestrians in crosswalks would generate aggravating circumstances increasing the severity of any consequence.

We are not taking 10-15 over on a divided highway.
Whatever dude. Sounds to me like you didn't bother looking up what speed the Performance model hits in 5 seconds, which is not that fast. Nobody cares if you're only going 80, and where in a city with pedestrians is the speed limit 55? Nowhere. You made a circlejerk post, and a bad one at that.

Whatever dude. Sounds to me like you didn't bother looking up what speed the Performance model hits in 5 seconds, which is not that fast. Nobody cares if you're only going 80, and where in a city with pedestrians is the speed limit 55? Nowhere. You made a circlejerk post, and a bad one at that.

So what do you want to bet if I take a photo of a road with a speed limit of 55 that has pedestrian crosswalks?

Try leaving your moms house and you will see a bigger world out there.

Possibly roads with a 55 limit and pedestrian crosswalks.