Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens to my stealth performance order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't performance without package pretty much AWD-LR with software unlock? I am pretty sure they will sell it as an upgrade down the line.
There is some evidence that Performance models have different motor now, though both LR and Performance were shipped with same motor in the beginning.

So stealth performance had:
1. Different motor.
2. Rear spoiler
3. Faster acceleration, higher top speed

Spoiler is not a big deal, but different motor might mean there will not be a software unlock to go all the way to 3.5.

Reactions: ra88it
Im trading in a M3. I’m pretty sure it will lose $200 if I wait another few weeks anyway.

Very good point. My trade in lost 100 in the 70 mile trip to the Tesla store when I test drove and then ordered my m3p-. And then I drove it as little as possible as to not lose more since I knew I’d be adding at least another 140 miles (70 to home & 70 back to trade in).

No, it will still be made

NOPE. I just got this email from a manager at Tesla....

How are you sir? I am sorry to inform you but the performance without Pup is no longer being made. I do apologize, there are many who wanted it that didn’t get it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Mark D. Gomez
Manager
5840 W. Centinela Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90045
E. [email protected] T. (310)755-9404

NOPE. I just got this email from a manager at Tesla....

How are you sir? I am sorry to inform you but the performance without Pup is no longer being made. I do apologize, there are many who wanted it that didn’t get it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Mark D. Gomez
Manager
5840 W. Centinela Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90045
E. [email protected] T. (310)755-9404

What the hell?!?

It would have been at least common courtesy to let those with outstanding orders be informed about this.
I have had nothing but silence since I put the order in back in March, and silence again when I upgraded to stealth. A simple phone call offering to change to another configuration would have been proper thing to do :( :(
This sucks ...