Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens to reservation order if I sell my Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize if this has been discussed already. I recently sold my Model S but have a day 1 model 3 reservation. I recall reading that current S owners would receive some line priority. Now that my S is gone I wonder if my spot will be bumped down the line? Or (hoping) perhaps the spot was fixed at order time?

I apologize if this has been discussed already. I recently sold my Model S but have a day 1 model 3 reservation. I recall reading that current S owners would receive some line priority. Now that my S is gone I wonder if my spot will be bumped down the line? Or (hoping) perhaps the spot was fixed at order time?
I wouldn't worry about it. Supposedly my Day 1 waiting line reservation will be enhanced by my subsequent 12/16 Model S purchase, but I can't imagine it making much difference. As explained to me, when they begin to build cars for Tempe, AZ, owners will be first to be built with Day 1 reservations right behind. But who knows what that means as production commences. Even though Arizona abuts California, I suspect we won't see any cars for weeks after California deliveries begin. Patience will be tested, especially for those located in the East and Midwest.

Also, if they build batches by region as they do with S and X, imagine if there is a batch of 50 for Arizona and I am number 51. That could put my delivery many weeks later. I suppose that could happen to you depending on how many current Oregon owners are on the waiting list. Hmm, maybe you should worry.:)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: shrspeedblade
If Model X reservations are anything to go by, the priority will be pretty limited (or practically even non-existent) anyway as @azred puts it, with all the regional and product options batching going on... People will be quickly lumped together by greater forces than their exact queuing number...