TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What happens to reservation order if I sell my Model S?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jmsurpri, May 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

I apologize if this has been discussed already. I recently sold my Model S but have a day 1 model 3 reservation. I recall reading that current S owners would receive some line priority. Now that my S is gone I wonder if my spot will be bumped down the line? Or (hoping) perhaps the spot was fixed at order time?

2. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

I'd just keep quiet about it and hope for the best! ;)

• Funny x 1
  3. Tam

Tam Active Member

#3 Tam, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    I think Tesla can automatically track on "My Tesla" page to update in real time who has what.

So as long as your "My Tesla" page still reflects your ownership, your owner priority is intact.

• Like x 1
  4. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

It makes sense that Tesla will look at our account at the time we pull the trigger for the 3 and will place us on the waiting list accordingly.

• Like x 1
  5. azred

azred Member

#5 azred, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    I wouldn't worry about it. Supposedly my Day 1 waiting line reservation will be enhanced by my subsequent 12/16 Model S purchase, but I can't imagine it making much difference. As explained to me, when they begin to build cars for Tempe, AZ, owners will be first to be built with Day 1 reservations right behind. But who knows what that means as production commences. Even though Arizona abuts California, I suspect we won't see any cars for weeks after California deliveries begin. Patience will be tested, especially for those located in the East and Midwest.

Also, if they build batches by region as they do with S and X, imagine if there is a batch of 50 for Arizona and I am number 51. That could put my delivery many weeks later. I suppose that could happen to you depending on how many current Oregon owners are on the waiting list. Hmm, maybe you should worry.:)

• Funny x 1
  6. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

If Model X reservations are anything to go by, the priority will be pretty limited (or practically even non-existent) anyway as @azred puts it, with all the regional and product options batching going on... People will be quickly lumped together by greater forces than their exact queuing number...