TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What Happens When You Roam?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Designtime, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Designtime

Designtime Member

I am driving up to Vancouver, BC for a short business trip next week. Just north of the border my phone will switch from AT&T to Rogers Wireless. Has anyone driven their S outside of their home network yet? If so, what happens with your data connection?

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

I believe, but don't have anything other than local experience to back it up, that when you loose AT&T signal you loose your data. I have an area locally that I get a good verizon signal, but weak or no AT&T and I loose data in those areas but my phone on Verizon works great.

3. Designtime

Designtime Member

That we would be a bummer. I guess I can see them not signing a roaming agreement, though.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

There was another thread somewhere here where an owner experienced exactly that coming into Canada. I don't believe it's been documented yet as to what happens when a Canadian car roams into the US (something I will eventually be doing).

5. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

6. cdabel

cdabel Member

Will be interesting to see how they tackle this in Europe.