Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happens with Paint Protection Coating if car in accident?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should probably be asking this question to your Modesta dealer that's applying the coating. In the event of an accident where a body shop will repair and repaint, you will most likely need to take the car back to your Modesta dealer to re-apply the coating to the panels affected. Depending on their policy regarding this and their warranty. My best guess is the will charge you a nominal fee to recoat those panels

Thanks for reply, but my concern is not that the Modesta needs to be reapplied to any repairs, but that it potentially impacts the actual repair cost.

It's easy to strip waxes and sealants from an area that is associated with a repair. Not possible with these coatings.

Sorry your question was a bit vague,

Ask any body shop and they will tell you otherwise regarding any of these Paint coatings. It's not going to be a problem or extra work for them than any ordinary repair/blend job. Any standard polish will remove the coating

After reading this article, wasn't sure removing some of these newer coatings was so easy:

How to destroy your paint in a few minutes
That article was not really a good article, I believe it was just a scare tactic. I have used several Nanocoatings for over 2 years with NO issues. To answer the OP, it is no big deal to sand a prep a Ceramic coated coated surface. So no extra cost.