Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have I just bought?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it might sound a bit daft, but I've just bought Autopilot upgrade for the reduced price of £1,900, but wasn't paying full attention when I clicked 'buy now'.

Now the option has gone from Mytesla, and replaced with 'Upgraded Autopilot' which includes summon and parking........didn't I just buy that? Have they reduced the functionality with the lower price?

I've received a confirmation email, but nothing detailed on there.

Can anyone who hasn't bought the Autopilot upgrade, take a screenshot of what you get for the £1,900?

Thanks all.

Have they reduced the functionality with the lower price?

That was how I read it, a week or so back, but can't remember when and/or if/when it changed.

Seems a bit petty to move Summon / Park to FSD ... except that they haven't got much else in FSD of "value" ... yet

FWIW I never use either ... I have done, as a test, but don't think Park is enough of an enhancement to use it regularly. If it would park at 70 MPH I would ... but it crawls about. I used it once to get into a tight 90-degree spot, with several colleagues dotted about, "I'll show [off for] you" I thought ... it made a right pigs ear of it. Got into the space perfectly, but did back-and-forth 4 or 5 times. I can get into that space in 1.5 goes ...

I'm sure I might use Summon if I came back to the car and it was parked in a puddle ... but by the time I've got my phone out, started the APP, and agonisingly slowly inched the car forwards, I would have probably just elected to get my shoes wet instead.

If the only option was to climb in through the boot ... THEN I might use Summon :) Tight garage ... maybe. But I don't have one of those.

Be interested to hear if anyone else thinks that Park or Summon (in UK ... I can appreciate that key-fob-press is a lot less hassle) are better than I have said.

Now AP ... that's a different story. I use it every mile I am on dual carriageway and arrive FAR more refreshed than "before". And it increases my safety too - I don't care whether CAR or ME sees the problem, the two of us is better than me on SOLO.

Don't ever ... not EVER ... be tempted to just "do a quick text" though, for some people it has been the last thing that they did :(

Reactions: Vitaman
Still debating with myself to get AP .i couldn't afford it at the time.as above it dosent now include summon or autopark but their more of a gimmick anyway.
I'm very tempted.i will have to make a decision soon before Monday.

Thanks for your replies. So it seems I’m getting everything except the summon and auto park. Both of which I would never use anyway.

I notice summon now says ‘it will find you where ever you are in a car park’? So is it more than forwards and backwards now?

I’m so glad I didn’t pay £5k for it. I think £1,900 is much more reasonable. Can’t wait to get it (said 3 days).

‘it will find you where ever you are in a car park’? So is it more than forwards and backwards now?

Yes, that's true (although probably regulatory approval in UK might delay it a bit ...), so in that sense its more part of FSD than original "Summon forward a few feet" and "park next to the curb".

I did look at that and think that FSD was acquiring a value ... but everything it has I don't need, or I need so rarely as to not be of tangible value, for me. But lots more to come, in FSD package, of course, and Elon says "this year".

I'll most probably change my car later this year; I was tempted by "seriously discounted top of line P100DL" but actually what I want is more range, so I'll wait and see if that comes with a summer refresh ... if not I'll sit tight and wait for another end-of-quarter-fire-sale :)

I pulled the trigger .£1900 for Autopilot.3 days wait it says as well.
Still slightly miffed as other competitors are doing their version of autopilot for less money.

Jaguar ipace £900
Mercedes £1600
Nissan Leaf pro pilot £600 amazing .

Jaguar ipace £900
Mercedes £1600
Nissan Leaf pro pilot £600 amazing

I have no first hand experience, and what I have read may be old, out of date, or just plain wrong ...

iPace - disengages without any warning - neither visual not audible (Tesla disengages too, but clearly indicates that)
Mercedes - only works on approved routes. I have no idea what happens on those routes when there are roadworks / temporary speed restrictions?

Pro Pilot I have hard good things about, but its just stay-in-lane and cruise control

I think you are getting more, with AP, than the competitors offer. Whether you NEED that extra may be debatable ... and its only a bit of software and, as such, whilst it has a development cost to be recouped over time, Tesla can charge what they like for it ... others are selling it cheaper, Tesla is either using it as a cash-cow or pushing more back into development (in which case you will have more for your money, over time, with OTA updates)

AutoPilot is continuously improving, and the OTA updates bring enhancements over time. I don't know how the others fair on that score, but i suspect "not as well".

Pity you don't do more motorway-miles as I expect that would make it much easier to justify,

The LEAF propilot is nothing like Tesla AP. The user interface is utterly bizarre - a sea of buttons - and once configured "on" it comes and goes without warning other than lane edges on the dash display changing colour. When it loses sight of the lane edges - which it does A LOT - it simply silently ceases to steer.

AP1 is a far better autopilot than Propilot. AP2 is simply in a different world.

That's 7 days now and nothing.
Sent 2 emails .still nothing.

Which is back to front ...

If my company was writing that software here's how it would be:

Customer buys OPTION
Detect when OPTION is installed
Some sort of Review Report, and based on that SET or ADJUST a time limit for install
For any install OVER Time Limit for Install:

"Hello Fred Blogs, we seem to have a problem getting OPTION to your car as you bought it X days ago and it has not installed yet, I just want to check a few things in order to get this fixed for you ..."

NOT

Customer: "WTF am I having to waste my time chasing you SUPPLIER to do X that I have paid for" ...

Phoned customer support today.
Woman said there's nothing in system to say I've got it.suggested I need the next firmware upgrade as I'm still in 2018
But I said I don't think that's correct as I've had the free trial a few months ago.
Then she said that the service centre has to authorise the download and to send them an email with the receipted payment.which I replied that's incorrect also.but she insisted and passed me to edinburgh service centre whereby they said it's got nothing to do with them.also some other people have phoned to say they hadn't got it either.
Guy says he will try and chase it up at his end.
Still nothing.its a joke.

So typical and Such a pity :(

There is an ESCALATE option in My Tesla which people have said brings results.

Personally I think it is utterly nuts to have such a feature - why would that be needed at all? and if you provide it why wouldn't everyone just use it as First Port of Call?

I suspect this stems from Boss / Management saying "OK, Let's create THIS feature / marketing approach tomorrow" and the guys rolling out the software go "You want it WHEN" :(