Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you done to your MY today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mulkogi

#teamblue
May 11, 2021
WA
I’ve seen this kind of thread on other forums and thought I’ll start one here too. Tell us how you pamper your MY, or punish her in a good way ;)

I installed rear mud flaps after a week testing out the front ones.

Reactions: cancoi
I wrapped, tinted, and installed front mud flaps on mine.
20210604_134630 (1).jpg

Well …… yesterday I installed the glove box organizer from Tesmanian and it is a simple but fairly awesome addition. Makes the rather cramped and oddly shaped glove box way more functional.

Not a big deal, but happy.
I was skeptical about this one “upgrade “. I find not using the glovebox as much as before but might look into it. This car is so versatile with storage space

Today specifically? I tried to clean it with waterless wash and regret the results and my effort expended. 😅 I’ll wash it more thoroughly after I get back from my weekend road trip.
Did id create any swirls? I have one waterless wash with ceramic coating but haven’t used it yet. Probably better to give it a proper wash

re car wash, I came up with a novel solution for my situation. The city water here is very hard, over 600 ppm when I checked, and different add-ons to remove those minerals, etc. from the garden hose do not work for me, cannot cope with such high ppm, so end up fighting water spots when washing at home.

In the summer I run a dehumidifier in my basement, and I got the idea that the water it collects should be practically 0 ppm, just a few ppm picked up from the condenser coils, so instead of throwing that water away, I collect it in a large container in my garage and use a small sump pump with a garden hose attached for washing my cars. A little bit of work to carry that water upstairs in those HD homer buckets, but it works out pretty good. Makes the rinsing and water spot problems much easier to deal with.

Added some love to the interior 😎of our Y

Attachments

• 3F96F857-1B35-42A5-A2C0-A947D9248F73.jpeg
    3F96F857-1B35-42A5-A2C0-A947D9248F73.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 97
  • AF84E441-EFBD-4864-8906-DF18DCA61885.jpeg
    AF84E441-EFBD-4864-8906-DF18DCA61885.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 85D37707-1703-4FBB-B7A3-3DA2F5B6C864.jpeg
    85D37707-1703-4FBB-B7A3-3DA2F5B6C864.jpeg
    417.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 82ACDC6E-B3E6-44E4-A3F9-90E222501BF1.jpeg
    82ACDC6E-B3E6-44E4-A3F9-90E222501BF1.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 4F96DEEF-E407-48CC-9878-118532D7B6F3.jpeg
    4F96DEEF-E407-48CC-9878-118532D7B6F3.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 7AAB2FC3-4A28-4649-87C0-0D3C0AEF3E2E.jpeg
    7AAB2FC3-4A28-4649-87C0-0D3C0AEF3E2E.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 101
Mine is at the service center (first time in 10 months of ownership) for the ac sensors and front body harness overlay to fix the false frunk open messages. Got a Y as a loaner that has fsd which I don't have so I get to try it out till I get my Y back.

re car wash, I came up with a novel solution for my situation. The city water here is very hard, over 600 ppm when I checked, and different add-ons to remove those minerals, etc. from the garden hose do not work for me, cannot cope with such high ppm, so end up fighting water spots when washing at home.

In the summer I run a dehumidifier in my basement, and I got the idea that the water it collects should be practically 0 ppm, just a few ppm picked up from the condenser coils, so instead of throwing that water away, I collect it in a large container in my garage and use a small sump pump with a garden hose attached for washing my cars. A little bit of work to carry that water upstairs in those HD homer buckets, but it works out pretty good. Makes the rinsing and water spot problems much easier to deal with.
I have very hard water here too, plus we're in a drought. Luckily I just learned about the optimum no rinse method where you fill up a bucket with 2 gallons of water and wash with just that. I have a reverse osmosis filter so I can use that to wash my car. Now I just need to find a ladder to wash the top of the car. (I'm 5'0")

I have very hard water here too, plus we're in a drought. Luckily I just learned about the optimum no rinse method where you fill up a bucket with 2 gallons of water and wash with just that. I have a reverse osmosis filter so I can use that to wash my car. Now I just need to find a ladder to wash the top of the car. (I'm 5'0")
Also a drought here, lawns all dried up and yellow, rivers all time low. Finally getting some rain in last couple of days and the forecasted week ahead. I looked at RO here, still trying to decide what to do for whole house setup as I am getting tired of deposits killing fixtures and cleaning it up. Re car washing, even at 6 ft 3 I have trouble reaching the top of the car without getting soaked in the process. I use one of those micro fiber mops on an extension pole to reach the top and keep relatively dry.

Last month we had the 5th driest month on record. We live on a lake and it was down at least 2 feet from what I would call normal. In the last week alone it regained all the lost water. Now it is to the point of overflowing a small dam at the back.

Again the rain hits as I was trying to get my car ceramic coated today in the driveway. Literally tucked it back in the garage about 2 minutes before another torrential downpour hit.

After last night's rain the smaller snakes were fleeing the forest and laying on the sidewalks in the neighborhood. Today I saw the bigger ones exiting as well. One decided to sunbathe on my driveway didn't notice him at first as he blended in with the hose. Good thing the hose was picked up instead of one of the snakes while prep washing the car.

Installed the electric frunk kit from Tesla Offer. Dropped in my new Tesmanian cooler once I put the frunk back together. And added a dashboard cellphone holder to the left of the steering wheel.

The electric frunk is totally cool. Scratched up my arms pretty good replacing those struts. Not a lot of space in there. Fun project. Glad I had the whole afternoon. Wore me out.

Reactions: AlexHung