Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you done to your MY today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I got ready for upcoming road trip. Back-up charger and extension cord. I particularly like the charger. It’s from QC Charge, has a variety of the most common plug types, 25’ cord …….. and cost less than the Tesla multi-plug adapter kit. Level 2 charger, but for road trips borrowing electricity from lodging, perfect. Also ….. when I started hearing that some have had their UMC units quit working, I thought a backup was in order. My UMC is my main charger. Here’s the road-trip and backup charging kit:
D088A6A3-E802-4C1C-A16F-5E47AAF91C7D.jpeg

Plastidipped hubcaps and full front end ppf. I was debating if i should cover the silver rim but wife likes it better like that soo..

Attachments

• 451A6468-9FE1-46E9-9248-487F4DDA992A.jpeg
    451A6468-9FE1-46E9-9248-487F4DDA992A.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 53
@True2TheGame - change your sig. Seems like you have your car but still showing an EDD. Did you order 2 of them? :)

I thought about the kick sensor but just use the Stats app and Siri to open the trunk. Why kick when you can talk? A lot cheaper too. You can do a lot with Siri that way assuming you have an iPhone.

Also a drought here, lawns all dried up and yellow, rivers all time low. Finally getting some rain in last couple of days and the forecasted week ahead. I looked at RO here, still trying to decide what to do for whole house setup as I am getting tired of deposits killing fixtures and cleaning it up. Re car washing, even at 6 ft 3 I have trouble reaching the top of the car without getting soaked in the process. I use one of those micro fiber mops on an extension pole to reach the top and keep relatively dry.
Water softener will change your life.

Reactions: Schulz1983
Not today but last week got windshield tint done. Llumar nano ceramic 80%. Its a strong “super recommended “. Lowered the cabin temp and ac is running a lot less. Front dash , steering wheel and screen don’t burn anymore even in direct sunlight.
8DD9AE44-305F-4949-8B06-C79F57ACF00C.jpeg

Also got a nail on the shoulder of one of the tires so had to get that one replaced.

What’s your range loss for something like that?
I did not really calculate an actual rate, but in rough numbers I was using about 1.5 to 1.8 km of range per km driven depending on my speed. If I took it easy and drove 85 to 90 km/hr it was much better than 120km/hr on the highway. The Model Y pulls like a champ though. You can tell the trailer is there of course, but still lots of available acceleration if needed.

Our upcoming road trip next month is from WA to CA, NV and AZ. Total is about 8 days on our MX.
Not on today activity but I had to do a chip repair last Friday. Just realized to slow down following a construction truck but was too late.
Just a small chip though.

Just buy a camco RV water filter. That’s what I use when I wash mine. Their like $15 on Amazon.
That filter does nothing to reduce the ppm, the hard water problem I am having. My tap water is about 650 ppm (very high) which in turn causes water spots when rinsing. The water from the dehumidifier is about 20-30 ppm when I last checked. Nothing short of reverse osmosis is going to treat my tap water to that level unless I use an aggressive water softener. While collecting the DH water is a little bit of a nuisance, it is the byproduct of running a DH in my basement and as such, it is free. Much cheaper than installing a RO or water softener system.