TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What have you done to your Roadster today (or lately)...

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by TOBASH, May 26, 2020.

1. TOBASH

TOBASH Supporting Member

Well, other forums have it, and I think that now that our vehicles are classics and require modifications and upkeep, we should have this type of thread also.

What have you guys been doing to your Roasters? What upgrades? What maintenance? What repairs?

This thread will allow you to boast and share and show off your toy(s).

2. TOBASH

TOBASH Supporting Member

#2 TOBASH, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Just installed my new rear view mirror. Small, adjustable, and way better than stock. Purchased from:
    Micro Mirror (Sector111) RHD.
    [Link posted in May 2020, for future reference when link "goes away" and/or product is no longer available.]

Rear Mirror Upgrade.jpg

Also installed OVMS recently. What an amazing upgrade. No more fears that she is not charging and is approaching full discharge when I'm away.

Just purchased and received TitaniumDave's lift cylinders, and I am planning some maintenance.

3. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Have OVMS and TitaniumDave's rotors coming soon.
    Made a mold of the rear deck and recreated it in exposed carbon fiber to match the roll hoop cover. Have a few more body parts in the works as well.
    IMG_7950.jpg

• Love x 5
    • Like x 1
  4. Nogasmn

Nogasmn Member

That looks great. Can you post more pics of your CF projects?

5. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Lots of fun stuff in progress. I currently make the carbon fiber side ducts that Carl Medlock sells. Here's one set I experimented on using a special fabric with red metallic threads, for my car.

IMG_7018.jpg

Gloss vs satin clear. The metallic threads really sparkle in the sun. Hard to capture it in photos. IMG_7978.jpg

Interior door handle trim
    IMG_7787.jpg

Split mold for charge port door
    IMG_7252.jpg

Also have a pair of salvage headlights in the mail, which I'm hoping can be used to pull molds of the buckets. If not, I'd like to at least create an overlay for the areas visible through the lens.

Stretch goal - underhood plastic ducts (2 pieces) redone in carbon. For the few times a year I actually pop the hood. :p

• Love x 5
  6. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

the red is stunning!! If I had a red roadster I'd get all pieces like this.

7. drewski

drewski Supporting Member

Not sure the design difference, but that link says it's for RHD - this one is for LHD cars

8. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

#8 X.l.r.8, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    I put 2000 km on mine, does that count

IMG_5315.jpg
    Oh and I put this ridiculous little thing in my car.

And I put these titanium disc's on, there 6mm to narrow and belong on my race car but I thought they would be cool.
    IMG_5296_Original.jpg

• Like x 2
  9. TOBASH

TOBASH Supporting Member

OMG!!!!

Now I will need to swap the driver's wheel to the other side!!!

Seriously, the design is left/right neutral to my eye, and I'm not sure why the link says that.

I'm super happy with this as it is small enough for me to see a better view through the front windshield while it gives a complete view of the rear without also viewing the seat backs and such.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  10. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

@jason.tv has done quite a bit in the short amount of time he's own his roadster-probably the cleanest I've ever seen.

• Love x 1
  11. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

I've done quite a bit as well. I'm hoping my car will be done next month. Will post pictures, description of mod/upgrade and where I had it done. I'm the type who will do the mod as long as it doesn't stray too far off from the original look of the roadster. But to each his/her own--it's awesome to see all these unique roadsters out there. Thanks for starting this tread. Before I had to scour this forum.

12. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

#12 jason.tv, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Aww you are too kind :) *Heart

I would like to do a mp3 sound board or instrument panel that can output sounds through a speaker within the front diffuser or within the front hood somewhere.

I asked @epares but haven't heard back; something like the Dr. Taras Car - at the 7:05 mark

13. drewski

#13 drewski, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
    in 667, i've mainly done "practical" things that i've posted about here along with back-up camera for the JVC headunit, wind noise reduction and overall sound reduction

in 1038, i've done a couple of cosmetic things - i also have the MicroMirror and installed Carl's CF rear diffuser. she's actually noiser than 667 (both ambient as well as rattles) so i'll be ripping out the interior when i re-motivate myself to do this.

14. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

OOOhhhh wow...I want those door handles trim!!! (not with red sparkling, my roadster is midnight blue)
    I just received the door sills from Carl and the brushed aluminum door handle is the only part left so the aluminum will look out of place!...but those would look really nice.

@Tex EV , not sure if you're selling these directly or via Carl or that was only for yourself but if not the later, I'm buying! :)

To stay in subject, here a pic what I did this winter on my roadster...poor man's "ddin upgrade"...

IMG_20200517_164545.jpg

...and the Micro Mirror was my first upgrade 6 years ago!

• Like x 2
  15. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

After all the work that goes into making the molds, there will definitely be more! Will PM you when I'm further along.

• Love x 2
  16. gregd

gregd Active Member

Looks nice. What unit is that?

17. drewski

• Like x 1
  18. gregd

gregd Active Member

19. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

Drewski got it right. It's that Joying unit. I finished installing it this winter but the screen colors are washed out.
    They gave me a developers code to access extra functions along with some suggestion and it helped...a bit.
    I need to look around more in that menu to see if I can make it better or that screen is broken or that screen is just plain bad!

I can imagine. Looking forward to catch your PM! Thx.

20. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

70807F61-2B4D-4272-AD66-0A9B9B5168C3.jpeg
    Had BlackVue dashcam installed.

• Like x 3