Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you done to your Roadster today (or lately)...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TOBASH

Supporting Member
Well, other forums have it, and I think that now that our vehicles are classics and require modifications and upkeep, we should have this type of thread also.

What have you guys been doing to your Roasters? What upgrades? What maintenance? What repairs?

This thread will allow you to boast and share and show off your toy(s).

Just installed my new rear view mirror. Small, adjustable, and way better than stock. Purchased from:
Micro Mirror (Sector111) RHD.
[Link posted in May 2020, for future reference when link "goes away" and/or product is no longer available.]

Rear Mirror Upgrade.jpg

Also installed OVMS recently. What an amazing upgrade. No more fears that she is not charging and is approaching full discharge when I'm away.

Just purchased and received TitaniumDave's lift cylinders, and I am planning some maintenance.

Last edited:
That looks great. Can you post more pics of your CF projects?

Lots of fun stuff in progress. I currently make the carbon fiber side ducts that Carl Medlock sells. Here's one set I experimented on using a special fabric with red metallic threads, for my car.

IMG_7018.jpg

Gloss vs satin clear. The metallic threads really sparkle in the sun. Hard to capture it in photos.
IMG_7978.jpg

Interior door handle trim
IMG_7787.jpg

Split mold for charge port door
IMG_7252.jpg

Also have a pair of salvage headlights in the mail, which I'm hoping can be used to pull molds of the buckets. If not, I'd like to at least create an overlay for the areas visible through the lens.

Stretch goal - underhood plastic ducts (2 pieces) redone in carbon. For the few times a year I actually pop the hood. :p

Lots of fun stuff in progress. I currently make the carbon fiber side ducts that Carl Medlock sells. Here's one set I experimented on using a special fabric with red metallic threads, for my car.

View attachment 544990

Gloss vs satin clear. The metallic threads really sparkle in the sun. Hard to capture it in photos.View attachment 544993

View attachment 544998

View attachment 544999

Also have a pair of salvage headlights in the mail, which I'm hoping can be used to pull molds of the buckets. If not, I'd like to at least create an overlay for the areas visible through the lens.

Stretch goal - underhood plastic ducts (2 pieces) redone in carbon. For the few times a year I actually pop the hood. :p

the red is stunning!! If I had a red roadster I'd get all pieces like this.

Just installed my new rear view mirror. Small, adjustable, and way better than stock. Purchased from:
Micro Mirror (Sector111) RHD.
[Link posted in May 2020, for future reference when link "goes away" and/or product is no longer available.]

View attachment 544970

Also installed OVMS recently. What an amazing upgrade. No more fears that she is not charging and is approaching full discharge when I'm away.

Just purchased and received TitaniumDave's lift cylinders, and I am planning some maintenance.

Not sure the design difference, but that link says it's for RHD - this one is for LHD cars

Not sure the design difference, but that link says it's for RHD - this one is for LHD cars

OMG!!!!

Now I will need to swap the driver's wheel to the other side!!!

Seriously, the design is left/right neutral to my eye, and I'm not sure why the link says that.

I'm super happy with this as it is small enough for me to see a better view through the front windshield while it gives a complete view of the rear without also viewing the seat backs and such.

I've done quite a bit as well. I'm hoping my car will be done next month. Will post pictures, description of mod/upgrade and where I had it done. I'm the type who will do the mod as long as it doesn't stray too far off from the original look of the roadster. But to each his/her own--it's awesome to see all these unique roadsters out there. Thanks for starting this tread. Before I had to scour this forum.

@jason.tv has done quite a bit in the short amount of time he's own his roadster-probably the cleanest I've ever seen.

Aww you are too kind :) *Heart

I would like to do a mp3 sound board or instrument panel that can output sounds through a speaker within the front diffuser or within the front hood somewhere.

I asked @epares but haven't heard back; something like the Dr. Taras Car - at the 7:05 mark

Last edited:
in 667, i've mainly done "practical" things that i've posted about here along with back-up camera for the JVC headunit, wind noise reduction and overall sound reduction

in 1038, i've done a couple of cosmetic things - i also have the MicroMirror and installed Carl's CF rear diffuser. she's actually noiser than 667 (both ambient as well as rattles) so i'll be ripping out the interior when i re-motivate myself to do this.

Last edited:

View attachment 544990

Gloss vs satin clear. The metallic threads really sparkle in the sun. Hard to capture it in photos.View attachment 544993

View attachment 544998

View attachment 544999

OOOhhhh wow...I want those door handles trim!!! (not with red sparkling, my roadster is midnight blue)
I just received the door sills from Carl and the brushed aluminum door handle is the only part left so the aluminum will look out of place!...but those would look really nice.

@Tex EV , not sure if you're selling these directly or via Carl or that was only for yourself but if not the later, I'm buying! :)

To stay in subject, here a pic what I did this winter on my roadster...poor man's "ddin upgrade"...

IMG_20200517_164545.jpg

...and the Micro Mirror was my first upgrade 6 years ago!

Reactions: drewski and Tex EV
Looks nice. What unit is that?

looks like the Joying featured in this thread
Finally! A modern stereo for single-DIN Roadsters

Drewski got it right. It's that Joying unit. I finished installing it this winter but the screen colors are washed out.
They gave me a developers code to access extra functions along with some suggestion and it helped...a bit.
I need to look around more in that menu to see if I can make it better or that screen is broken or that screen is just plain bad!

After all the work that goes into making the molds, there will definitely be more! Will PM you when I'm further along.

I can imagine. Looking forward to catch your PM! Thx.