Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you done with your Tesla today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the SUMA performance replacement mirrors today. I was a bit worried about the blue mirrors with the blue paint but in the end I think it looks pretty good. I meant to head up the local mountain today to test them out but ended up playing with my kids all day instead. I’ll test them out tomorrow.
C181EC5C-D9E8-4ABD-81FB-946E25C252DF.jpeg
74F8476E-2701-4E36-882E-EF99592B6EE4.jpeg
D07F7837-5838-4F52-AE3A-DEA0F7D6B960.jpeg

Let us know what you think. Would be nice to eliminate the blind spot, but I'm concerned about having a convex drivers side mirror.
Well, it’s been raining constantly here since I installed them, but so far I’m pretty happy with them. They do increase the visibility out of the car by what seems like a good bit. The defroster works great. I’m very satisfied with the purchase.

Took my daughters up to the local Mtn. Today to see some snow and the mirrors were great.
BF28E3E4-791A-4E65-B69E-AEA3293915AF.jpeg

We found a brand new Nissan Leaf off the side of the road while we were up there. I crawled down and whoever was driving the car was long gone. Called it in to the local PD anyway, hopefully everyone made it out safe. Wondering if the regen braking caught out the new EV driver...hummm.
58D71802-F51F-422D-9CCB-576ED9CD86A4.jpeg

Attachments

• 377DD85E-0FE6-4F41-92BC-48C7B0BF9835.jpeg
    377DD85E-0FE6-4F41-92BC-48C7B0BF9835.jpeg
    570.5 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: DavidAsheville
Installed the SUMA performance replacement mirrors today.

I also just installed these on my Y. It's probably the best "mod" I've done to it. The glare reduction is a huge help living in an area with a lot of lifted bro dozers with aftermarket xenon lights. The wide angle mirror on the driver's side took a little bit to get used to but I love it now.

• Informative
I also just installed these on my Y. It's probably the best "mod" I've done to it. The glare reduction is a huge help living in an area with a lot of lifted bro dozers with aftermarket xenon lights. The wide angle mirror on the driver's side took a little bit to get used to but I love it now.

I watched a video on their site where they installed the mirrors on what I think was a Toyota. The video did not make it look easy; they used several tools to pry the original assembly apart, the main section of which had to be reused.

So I'm wondering how easy the process is on the Model Y and if the mirror adjustment could get messed up.

I found it pretty easy to remove/install. I did not use a pry tool, rather just my fingers. But I did watch their install video a few times before I tried it just to be sure I had an idea of what I was in for. Yes, your mirror settings will not be retained because you have to push it to one side to pull off the OEM mirror. Once the new one was installed, I pushed the mirror back in the opposite direction to approx. the same position, then went inside and re-set the mirror adjustments with the controls on the wheel.

I watched a video on their site where they installed the mirrors on what I think was a Toyota. The video did not make it look easy; they used several tools to pry the original assembly apart, the main section of which had to be reused.

So I'm wondering how easy the process is on the Model Y and if the mirror adjustment could get messed up.

You have to pull harder than you would like to. I angled the mirrors all the way to the outside and got my fingers as far behind the mirror that I could and pulled hard. Just be careful you don't pull so hard to break the wires for the defrost.

Installed the SUMA performance replacement mirrors today. I was a bit worried about the blue mirrors with the blue paint but in the end I think it looks pretty good. I meant to head up the local mountain today to test them out but ended up playing with my kids all day instead. I’ll test them out tomorrow.
View attachment 621110 View attachment 621111 View attachment 621112

I installed these a couple days ago as well. Quick and easy after watching a 5 min YouTube (no instructions in the packaging - they said they’re working on it). They’re great, except for one issue. I had tint put on my front side windows (I’m in TX where the sun is a beast), and at night, between the window tinting and the blue anti-glare coating of the mirrors, it’s almost impossible to see anything in the side mirrors other than lights. For example, when I was parallel parking at night, I had to roll my window down to see the curb. Really torn on whether to take them off.

• Informative