Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you named your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long can the name be and can it take non-English characters? I'm torn for naming my M3 between a "proper" Icelandic name, or "Inevitably Successful in All Circumstances" (bonus points if you can tell me where that's from without Googling ;) )

In reference of our Tag here in Texas that we fell in love with, (BTW, hard to get an original license plate here in the state of Texas) Wife Karen can up with the name "Electra"

20170805_133936.png

Reactions: Mrcook4590
How long can the name be and can it take non-English characters? I'm torn for naming my M3 between a "proper" Icelandic name, or "Inevitably Successful in All Circumstances" (bonus points if you can tell me where that's from without Googling ;) )

Can tell you that non-English characters are possible, my Red Model S is named Mjölnir. Don't know about length.

Can tell you that non-English characters are possible, my Red Model S is named Mjölnir. Don't know about length.

Oooh, awesome - I can at least do "Ö" then! :) Do you switch the keyboard to your locale, or long-press to get more key options? Our non-English characters are Á É Í Ó Ú Ý Þ Ð Æ Ö

I guess they kind of have to support non-English characters, don't they, for people to be able to type them in the nav?