Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What have you Smoked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who: GTL guy
What: ~2008 Mustang GT Convertible
Where: Spring Road in Smyrna, GA
How: At two stop lights in succession, 0-50
When: Sunday (23-Jun-2013) ~19:00

He was weaving trying to get through traffic. I changed lanes at a red light in front of him to get a clear lane, he was visibly irritated. I launched and he did too. Wasn't even a close call I had tons of room at 50. Next light we were side by side. He had a terrible start, it was sad. When he finally passed me all I could smell was clutch! He probably put 1,000+ miles on his clutch in those two terrible launches.

Everything tonight!!! Went to Street Fights at Thunder Valley (Bristol Motor Speedway). For $10 you get to run the drag strip as many times as you want to get in line. I was 6 for 6 tonight running a very consistent 13.2 sec and 100.5 mph in the 1/4 mile. I left behind a Mustang high output 4.6, modified Nissan X370, Corvette, built Camero and a few others.

The only downside was I had to get a helmet as I was too fast to run without one.

I was getting good turn arounds when a gasser blew something and dropped fluids on the track that took over an hour to clean up. Too bad there were not mroe electrics there. A lot less to break and spill.

Everything tonight!!! Went to Street Fights at Thunder Valley (Bristol Motor Speedway). For $10 you get to run the drag strip as many times as you want to get in line. I was 6 for 6 tonight running a very consistent 13.2 sec and 100.5 mph in the 1/4 mile. I left behind a Mustang high output 4.6, modified Nissan X370, Corvette, built Camero and a few others.

The only downside was I had to get a helmet as I was too fast to run without one.

I was getting good turn arounds when a gasser blew something and dropped fluids on the track that took over an hour to clean up. Too bad there were not mroe electrics there. A lot less to break and spill.

GO DAVID!!

(but be careful) :scared:

Does this count? On Friday night I was in my Roadster coming home late from a client. I was at the corner or Olympic and Bundy in West LA and up pulls a brand new black Model S to my left at the stop light. When the light turned green we both floored it. He lost, of course, but by a small margin. At the next light I was stopped to turn on the freeway and he passed me with a smile and a thumbs up (I saw he was a P85 when he passed by). I guess one Tesla is allowed to smoke another :)

Does this count? On Friday night I was in my Roadster coming home late from a client. I was at the corner or Olympic and Bundy in West LA and up pulls a brand new black Model S to my left at the stop light. When the light turned green we both floored it. He lost, of course, but by a small margin. At the next light I was stopped to turn on the freeway and he passed me with a smile and a thumbs up (I saw he was a P85 when he passed by). I guess one Tesla is allowed to smoke another :)

Nice! Although if you had continued accelerating I suspect the Model S would have eventually beat you. They're a bit faster at the top end.

I've not been able to get my Roadster anywhere near its official top speed, because the acceleration drops off. I've not been able to get the Model S to its top speed because I ran out of drag strip...
There's a youtube video of 133 in an MSP. Presumably there's a Roadster at/near it's limit somewhere there as well.