Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What HW version do I have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The additional vehicle details link, near the top of the Controls > Software screen, identifies the AP computer you have. If it says full self driving computer with no version, you have HW3. Otherwise it will say autopilot computer with a version number.

If you bought the car new, you can also tell from the build date, more or less. If memory serves, HW1 was introduced in Oct 2014, HW2 two years later, HW2.5 in August 2017, and HW3 in April 2019. All Model 3’s have HW2.5 or later.

Upvote 0
Please post your "Additional Vehicle Information" screen and we could tell you the answer.
9C96E5D0-4BA0-4C2E-8DA8-8435091CD812.jpeg

Upvote 0
Thanks to all for your input. TMC is an awesome group. Now if I could just find out why, if I have FSD/HW3.0, my updates are still labeled 2021.xx.xx 🤔 Will that change when I upgrade to MCU2?

Correct! As others have answered based on your photo: You got HW3 (Full Self Driving Computer) and MCU1 (Nvidia).

If you want to take advantage of the latest firmware you need:

1) Pay to upgrade to MCU2 (Intel)
2) If you already paid for FSD, you can also get your cameras upgraded to RCCB for free.

Upvote 0
Correct! As others have answered based on your photo: You got HW3 (Full Self Driving Computer) and MCU1 (Nvidia).

If you want to take advantage of the latest firmware you need:

1) Pay to upgrade to MCU2 (Intel)
2) If you already paid for FSD, you can also get your cameras upgraded to RCCB for free.
You read my mind-I was just going to ask about the free camera upgrades I’ve read about. How are they different? What is RCCB? How do I request them from Tesla? I’ll be getting the MCU2 upgrade next month, too.

Upvote 0
Does opening a ticket with the service center put the burden on the service center to order the cameras
Yes. It is a burden for the Service Center. It doesn't stock cameras so it has to order the cameras for you. Yes, it is very burdensome for the staff.

...is there some further step I need to take to get the cameras?...
You can pay for a Do-It-Yourself expert to buy cameras and install the cameras for you for a fee. That will certainly lighten up the Service Center's burden.

Upvote 0
Does opening a ticket with the service center put the burden on the service center to order the cameras or is there some further step I need to take to get the cameras? BTW, why are my updates still labeled 2021?
Most likely your service request for camera upgrades will be denied, unless you've received an invitation. Free upgrades are by invite only at this point.

Your updates are labeled 2021 because MCU1 cars only receive limited updates at this point.

Upvote 0