Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What I have done to my MYP.........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1657890095426.png

The black accents/wheels on the white car give a great assertive Stormtrooper look. Go with what you love. If you ask a question you will always get a mix of opinions ( I have a MSLR with 19s and the forum were split hard on the look of the wheels and on and on it went ) but go with what floats your boat. My opinion is that it just washes out the car with no contrast or interesting eye appeal that accents bring.

I don’t hate it, but I think the UT wheels are dark so people don’t notice how fugly they are.

I would keep the white on white theme but swap out for a different set of wheels. You’re onto something.

I wish others in this forum were more creative. Seems the craziest thing anyone will do is get a set of mudflaps and a matte black wrap.

so kudos to you for that.

Reactions: M0SA
I don’t hate it, but I think the UT wheels are dark so people don’t notice how fugly they are.

I would keep the white on white theme but swap out for a different set of wheels. You’re onto something.

I wish others in this forum were more creative. Seems the craziest thing anyone will do is get a set of mudflaps and a matte black wrap.

so kudos to you for that.
1657902149142.png

There definitely needs some contrast. Something like these with perhaps black nut covers and black center cap with red Tesla logo. Also possibly painting the one side of the spoke a contrasting color or even a carbon fiber wrap on the sides like they do with the Aero wheels.

1658083173499.png

I don't like too much the black wheels, mostly because any curb rash get very noticeable.

I prefer the silver color wheels, especially on white color, that Tesla used to provide, before switching to black wheels.

Here an example, I chose the Model X because of the black arch on the car body.

2016-Tesla-Model-X-P90D-Inv-Main.jpg

I'm not a colored wheel guy, I prefer my alloys to look like alloys (i.e., silver). But I don't hate this. And @Freshness I think there aren't a lot of mods done here because many (if not most) of us are either older or use our cars as family vehicles so a lot of mods you might be looking for here just aren't practical for us....

I'm not a colored wheel guy, I prefer my alloys to look like alloys (i.e., silver). But I don't hate this. And @Freshness I think there aren't a lot of mods done here because many (if not most) of us are either older or use our cars as family vehicles so a lot of mods you might be looking for here just aren't practical for us....
I totally understand that utility is very important for many users. In fact, the Model Y is my own personal daily driver that I don’t intend to modify a bunch.

It was just refreshing to see someone do something different. Clearly so many here hate it, I don’t. I think that it’s pretty cool.

But most of all, I like that OP didn’t follow the trends.