TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What I learned from Tesla sales about the Model X options

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by investmentgamer, Jan 16, 2016.

1. investmentgamer

Having spent a few weeks emailing a Tesla sales member about the options for my Model X order, I thought I'd share what I learned here for others. Some of this may be "obvious" or already confirmed elsewhere.

1) Unlike the Model S, the base model of the Model X has a NON-leather steering wheel. (The sales team member initially got this wrong and I had to question more to get the correct info.)

2) The steering wheel is upgraded to leather by purchasing EITHER the Premium Upgrades Package with leather seating OR the Subzero Weather Package.

3) The Ultra White seats are "a synthetic material".

4) Like the Model S, you may special-order a vegan steering wheel, and it results in losing the heated steering wheel feature of the Subzero Weather Package.

5) The second-row seats do not fold, they only lean forward.

6) None of the seats are removable by the end user.

2. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

Thanks..surprised that the subzero package does not mention anything about the leather steering...I hope the Manager has correct info.

3. MichealW

MichealW Member

4) Like the Model S, you may special-order a vegan steering wheel, and it results in losing the heated steering wheel feature of the Subzero Weather Package.

Vegan Steering wheel! Awesome!! IS IT GLUTEN-FREE?

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

'Cause I often chew on my steering wheel when nervous...

5. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Great info on the steering wheel options. I have been leaning towards the Ultra White interior and wondered about getting a vegan steering wheel also. Deal breaker there is the loss of it being heated though as that's pretty much the only reason I'd get the Subzero package (my passengers don't need no heated seats! Except the one passenger next to me though. ;-) ).

6. Vizir

Vizir Member

Hahaha. This post wins the thread. [emoji23]