Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What I want is really a Model Y Plaid+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I want is really a Model Y Plaid+....
I've driven the X... but the extra size is a bit overkill, I hate the bigger windscreen (and little shades), not a huge fan of the Falcon Wing doors. But I'd like a bump in performance and range over my Y, adjustable suspension, dash-mounted guages. And I'd pay the $20-30K premium to get it from Tesla.

I realize that most people don't need that much range (so just carry a bit more weight and reduce efficiency). But in cold, light towing, long road trips, the extra capacity (and thus charging speed per mile of charge), seems nice. And the Y is pretty zippy. But I'd still pay for more.

But I also think marketing wise, having a variant of the Y that is a class beater, is good marketing, even if most people would/should wisely be more in the MYP range.

Is anyone else of the mindset, or think that Tesla will add a model variant? (I doubt they will -- they seem to be like Apple, in making variants that will sell in volume, and thus not looking to make low-volume variants for the tech folks). So I'm not holding my breath. And I don't think the Macan EV will have the range I'm looking for. So I have a great vehicle... but still a little below what I really, really want.

Reactions: CDrury
What I want is really a Model Y Plaid+....
I've driven the X... but the extra size is a bit overkill, I hate the bigger windscreen (and little shades), not a huge fan of the Falcon Wing doors. But I'd like a bump in performance and range over my Y, adjustable suspension, dash-mounted guages. And I'd pay the $20-30K premium to get it from Tesla.

I realize that most people don't need that much range (so just carry a bit more weight and reduce efficiency). But in cold, light towing, long road trips, the extra capacity (and thus charging speed per mile of charge), seems nice. And the Y is pretty zippy. But I'd still pay for more.

But I also think marketing wise, having a variant of the Y that is a class beater, is good marketing, even if most people would/should wisely be more in the MYP range.

Is anyone else of the mindset, or think that Tesla will add a model variant? (I doubt they will -- they seem to be like Apple, in making variants that will sell in volume, and thus not looking to make low-volume variants for the tech folks). So I'm not holding my breath. And I don't think the Macan EV will have the range I'm looking for. So I have a great vehicle... but still a little below what I really, really want.

No thanks. You are talking about $80K price range for a Y plaid and there are better options.

I want the opposite. I want a strip down Model 3 or Y for the track. Drop 500+ lbs please and ship with track ready tires + brakes + bucket seats + etc.

Don't give me a M3P with that crap suspension and sofa seats.