Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What if FSD doesn't materialize?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am the worst. When Elon tweets about FSD and and timeline passes, I say "I wish you would just shut up until there is something to release."

When I don't hear anything for over a week, I say "Why can't we just get some update on FSD progress"

I fully bought the car because that was the closest that I could own that had the best Autonomy feature set, so with that, I am very disappointed that the beta hasn't been expanded yet. I don't expect them to hit level 5 during the lifetime of my car, but I want to experience the features as soon as I can.

July 7tg-8th Elon will Tweet...just 2 more weeks until v9...City streets right around the corner!! After they report the quarter of course. They are all of the sudden ramming VINs and delivery dates onto everybody in their mad dash to beat the best quarterly numbers.

Of course, this is entirely reliant upon M3/MY deliveries...Model S only sell 2K cars a year...it really does nothing for the company except provide media fodder.

With that said...I get they changed their approach and pivoted from radar to vision...after years of broken promises...but others are relying on vision only approach, like Wayve who is also invested solely in visual only, doesn't have HD maps/lidar/radar and is doing some impressive stuff with a lot less resources/data and $$$$ compared to Tesla. So maybe TSLA is on the right track an in literally 6 months may see some big leaps on the FSD front.

Reactions: GreenT
Lol I bought one of the first MY in 2020 (March) with FSD thinking I waited long enough and won't be stuck like all the 2017/18 FSD buyers with nothing to show for it. Here I am nearly 1/3 way into how long I plan to keep the car in the same boat 😆

At this point ill just be happy if FSD materializes in some manner before I sell the car within the next 3 years so at least the 7k in value will be kept on the car when I sell/trade it.

Whatever, at least my purchase helped appreciate the stock I own so cant complain.

Reactions: Microterf