Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What if FSD doesn't materialize?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the "bare minimum" advertised when HW2/2.5 was being delivered was hands off driving anywhere in the USA at a safety level 2X that of a human. What "features" more than that do you want?

How about for it to actually come to fruition? Most cars that were purchased w/ FSD will be sold, traded in, or in the junk yard before any real FSD is ever realized. And you dont get to keep your FSD, it dies with the car. Remember when Elon was telling people that they wouldnt be able to keep their Tesla leases because Tesla was going to need them for their robo taxi fleet? LOL, he know that was a lie when he said it.

How about for it to actually come to fruition? Most cars that were purchased w/ FSD will be sold, traded in, or in the junk yard before any real FSD is ever realized. And you dont get to keep your FSD, it dies with the car. Remember when Elon was telling people that they wouldnt be able to keep their Tesla leases because Tesla was going to need them for their robo taxi fleet? LOL, he know that was a lie when he said it.
I would tend to agree. I don’t think anybody actually buys FSD anymore so eventually the liability will just disappear. I really don’t believe there was originally any intention to deceive and they probably honestly thought it would work. But I kinda doubt now that FSD will ever be released and they should fess up and stop selling it. 6 years and only marginal improvements. I’d buy it again but not for the money they are asking now.

JMHO.

I kinda doubt now that FSD will ever be released and they should fess up and stop selling it.
I think if they stopped selling it, that would be an admission that they never provided it... so anyone who'd purchased it in the past might be due a refund. I agree with "I don’t think anybody actually buys FSD anymore so eventually the liability will just disappear". That's probably part of the plan. If they just keep increasing the price, people will eventually stop buying it.

Are you referring to Navigation on Autopilot (Beta), Autosteer (Beta), Summon (Beta), and Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta)?

I don’t consider those actually released yet

That's weird. I've been using them (NoA especially) for years. I mean Gmail was in "beta" for 5 years but still got used a lot too.

Do you live in 2017? If so I have a few things to warn you about....

• Love
Reactions: mikes_fsd
No, FSD is perfect. Full Self Drive your Tesla, cause it ain't gonna do it for you 😂.

I honestly don't know why anyone would NOT want to drive themselves in the Model 3, it's so much fun.

A full self drive your Tesla package would be pretty nifty.

Where it comes with:

Blindspot monitoring that works
360 degree parking so you can park yourself
cross traffic alert
Heads up display
Night vision display
An actual Rain sensor
A physical switch for wipers
Turn signals with a good notch between blink 3 times, and full
Navigation maps that actually get updated
A button to report problems with Navigation
Waypoints

Also, does a class action suit really have legs to stand on? It was sold as beta, with no real concrete date for final release.
Oh, absolutely. Customers can expect that the promised functionality will be delivered within a reasonable timeframe.

I was promised full self-driving without any compromises. I got basically nothing compared to the EAP option.

The major problem for the class action suits is the mandatory arbitration clause in the purchase contract. I've opted out of it (it was an option in pre-2019 contracts) but I think that there might not be enough people for the suit to be effective.

No, FSD is perfect. Full Self Drive your Tesla, cause it ain't gonna do it for you 😂.

I honestly don't know why anyone would NOT want to drive themselves in the Model 3, it's so much fun.
Agreed. I would rather have a few practical features found on cheap Mazdas, like rear cross traffic alert. I am also not a fan of the way blind spot monitoring works. You would think with all these cameras it would show the camera feed of lane next to you on the display when you signal. Low cost Honda Civics have this. So, there are a few basics they need to get right before trying to figure out how to get the car to full self drive.

Reactions: DJVoorhees