Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What If I Don't Appear At Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MY pickup is 36 hours away. It's reflected in my account but I haven't received an email or call. I've responded to the Delivery Text - got no reply. I called Tesla Brooklyn and the phone just rings out. I called them this morning. Closed. The menu said to leave a message but the mailbox was full. So my question is - do I even bother going in Tuesday (my delivery time)? I'm thinking - no. The car may not even be there. What happens if I don’t?

As soon as mine was at the pickup location the delivery/sales guys called me to set up a date. It was a holiday weekend and i was trying to finance part of the purchase so I needed to wait until Tues. They had no problem setting up the delivery to accommodate the holiday and the bank timing. As an aside, when I finally got ahold of the bank guy (with whom I had already spoken and been approved) they told me it would take them 5 days to get the loan done. WHAT?!!!!! I told him to shove his loan. I called my Delivery rep at Tesla and picked up the car the next day.

From what I read on other thread, when someone is travelling and cannot show up,
you can reschedule your appointment up to one week, otherwise you may lose your order.
The car will then assigned to another customer and you will have to make a new order.

But if you cannot get someone on the phone or get any e-mail or text exchange,
it seems difficult to predict if your can will be ready
or if you don't show off if you would lose your car and your reservation?

How far are you from a Tesla shop or the delivery location?
If you are not too far away, I would stop by and try to talk with someone.

Note; After getting the car and VIN, your phone App is the best tool to get in touch with Tesla.

... the bank guy told me it would take them 5 days to get the loan done. WHAT?!!!!! I told him to shove his loan. I called my Delivery rep at Tesla and picked up the car the next day.
I bring the cashier check the day I got the car, and it took at least a week to see the money on my bank account to be transferred to Tesla.
I felt for few days that I was owning a car for free !!!

Reactions: ZilWin
I bring the cashier check the day I got the car, and it took at least a week to see the money on my bank account to be transferred to Tesla.
I felt for few days that I was owning a car for free !!!
Yep. Similar experience. I did an electronic transfer from my bank on the Tesla site for the down payment, a few hours before delivery. It look Tesla several days to take the money. Funds were not even on hold! This really surprised me. Most car dealers are absolutely fastidious about making sure that all funds are “good” before releasing the vehicle.

Yep. Similar experience. I did an electronic transfer from my bank on the Tesla site for the down payment, a few hours before delivery. It look Tesla several days to take the money. Funds were not even on hold! This really surprised me. Most car dealers are absolutely fastidious about making sure that all funds are “good” before releasing the vehicle.
I used Tesla's ACH Plaid system for my down payment but didn't pick up the car for 5 days, the balance was ACH'd using the same system the afternoon before delivery and it took them a few days to get those funds.