TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What if Tesla makes electric self flying electrocopter

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by ivengo, Dec 19, 2015.

1. ivengo

ivengo Member

It is interesting to think if Tesla somewhere deep in it RD plans has an idea of an electric self flying electrocopter.
    Based on the model where people don't own a transportation vehicle but can summon it on demand it might seem like a good idea.
    In case of the Machine Learning challenges there should be even less of them than in a car that is driving on the ground in a myriad of special conditions created by a multitude of various surrounding objects.
    Without a pilot such flying machine should be much cheeper to ride than helicopter rides of today.

I'm posting this in the investor forum because such machine would further increase TSLA valuation.
    I understand that it might be crazy idea but with all that drone development I don't think it is that crazy.

What do you guys think?

2. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

I'd give it odds of about a billion to one Tesla would enter the automated electric helicopter uber market.

3. Quant

Quant Member

Yeah, I think that's a nutty idea !

I don't see TSLA making anything other than cars and batteries for at least 3-4 years. They would be crazy to even attempt otherwise.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

That sounds as if it were a book title: "Elon Musk and His Flying Electrocopter".

5. blakegallagher

The answer to the question asked to start this thread, me and thousands of other people would buy one.