Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What if Tesla took 500k gas-guzzlers a year off the road?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An interesting MF article:
What If Tesla Took 500,000 Gas-Guzzlers Off the Road? (TSLA)

I posted this in the investment section, with the hope that people more financially saavy then me would crunch the numbers. I think the numbers in the article may be flawed as the author seems to be incorrectly calculation a one-time 500k number and not a 500k per year number. And the usual oil-fed trolls are absolutely freaking out in the comments section, and I am not helping, as I'm fanning the flames just a little bit. :biggrin:

But what do you think the economic impact would be if Tesla's true success happened: a half million Teslas a year replaced gasoline powered cars?

It is always amusing to read the comments for any article about Tesla or EVs. There are usually a lot of ignorant, politically-motivated arguments that are usually split between how EVs will never work, they will never sell, Tesla will go out of business soon, and how EVs are also some evil threat that is going to cause more pollution, make electricity prices go up, gas prices go up, etc.

agree. Couldn't resist responding and clowning them, first time I've done so.

Oh I concur. It's hard for me not to love the rage and despair of those who want to keep America dependent on fossil fuels. While I think we are still very far from phasing out gasoline, the fact that companies like Tesla evoke such strong emotion from these people is quite delicious. Don't feel bad about prodding the trolls with a stick, I've already done it. :biggrin:

500.000 cars is very small market. every year are sold 70. millions of news cars in the world.

this really scares--->>>> the largest merchant ships of the world, these super-vessels for the transport of containers, contaminating more than 760 million car.

this is a crime against humanity:: -->>> IMO agrees to delay until 2021 the third phase of reduction of NOx emissions to the atmosphere. Imo tier III.

The call to postpone Tier III limits was led by Russia, with the support from Poland, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Latvia and Estonia. The Russian proposal was passed by a marginal majority, with strong opposition from several European countries and the United States.

Air pollution from international shipping, of which NOx emissions are a big part, accounts for about 50 000 premature deaths per year in Europe. If the Tier III limits do not come into force until 2021, NOx emissions from shipping are likely to exceed the emissions of this air pollutant from land-based sources by 2020.